Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

Premium Member
Awesome finds congrats. 馃憤I will be checking one of my dollar generals this week for those. 馃憤

Administrator
Did you keep your card backs and receipts? Dollar General is having a mail in promo through May 15th for a premium casting that would look cool going down your track. 馃

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Did not know, I'm going back over there later and look some more..I didn't have much time this morning..I stop at two more and they did not have the Big Display.. Thanks

Registered
Went to Dollor General this Morning Found these 7...The Good deal was 2-for a Dollor..they put out over 300 in blue boxes, of course I'm old school and Race e'm..I will race these Friday Morning...
Looks like you found a couple of the Dollar General exclusives in those 7 castings, the Mustang and the Camaro.
Haven't been out looking for stuff at all, but the two stores I went to looking for Lysol spray earlier this week, I looked quick at the Hot Wheels, and there weren't any new castings on the pegs.

Registered
Stopped at a DG today for Lysol and paper towels. They had some G case cars pegged. I saw all exclusives except the Mustangs were gone. No THs. I got the 2 mooneyes VWs and a few other recolors.

Premium Member
Awesome finds congrats. 馃憤I will be checking my dollar generals. 馃憤

Registered
I went to the Dollar General down the road this past Saturday to see about getting some bread and gas(they have the cheapest gas within a 50 mile radius). I filled up with gas and went inside to get a loaf of bread. I remembered seeing this thread and went down the toy aisle, there were a few cars hanging(maybe 25). A employee saw me and said if I was looking for more cars they had lots at the end of the store by the paper products. I went down and there was 8 trays of cars, looked as if no one had been through them. I started looking an immediately found an ID car, then a reg treasure hunt Dodge Daytona and all of the special colored cars. I looked through 4 of the trays picked out the cars I wanted for myself, some for my grandson's (B-day and Christmas) and various cars to donate to Toys-For-Tots. They were buy one get one free (.50 a car), I bought 68 cars for $34.00
I asked an employee if it would be OK to keep one of the boxes since I was more or less getting the whole shipper, they said yes. Some will probably say I should have went through all of the shippers but I figured I'd found what I wanted and then some; so I'd let someone else have an opportunity to search them out. As a side note when I was checking out the lady at the register mentioned all of the cars had been out for over a week but hardly any had been sold until my purchase.
Happy Hunting when you get a chance and everyone stay safe and healthy.
~rokr

Administrator
Congrates on all the finds! And the display placard. I only saw one shelf box on my most recent trip and no sign about the mail in offer.

They also didnt have any paper goods.

And none of our locations sell gas.

馃

Premium Member
Awesome haul congrats. 馃憤I will be checking my dollar generals for those. 馃憤

Registered
Congrates on all the finds! And the display placard. I only saw one shelf box on my most recent trip and no sign about the mail in offer.

They also didnt have any paper goods.

And none of our locations sell gas.

馃
The shippers were on the end cap shelves, the one I got was from the top shelf (only one with the placard attached).

As for paper goods, they were sparse to say the least and no TP.

This Dollar General was originally a Walmart Neighborhood Market store that went belly up after a little over a year and a half after it was built. Sat vacant for a while then Dollar General moved in to it over 4 years ago. It's like going into a regular grocery store combined with Dollar General fare and it has 6 gas pumps. I've only seen 2 Dollar Generals setup this way.
~rokr

Registered
With the 68 cars I bought being on sale 2 for a $1.00 will the receipt count for 3 mail-ins or would I have to use 40 cars for 1 mail-in?
~rokr

Administrator
Here are the links to the rules and ordering site (scroll to the bottom). I didnt look to see the assortment numbers that are listed but each cardback will have o have it printed on the card back. 馃

Registered
Here are the links to the rules and ordering site (scroll to the bottom). I didnt look to see the assortment numbers that are listed but each cardback will have o have it printed on the card back. 馃

Thanks for the link MFR.
Looks like I can use some of the card backs from cars I've freed in the past so the ones for the grandson and Toys-for-Tots can be left intact. The only thing that has to be between the promotion purchase period date is the receipt. Guess saving the backs from cars I've opened over the last few years has turned out to be of some use after all.
DG.JPG

~rokr

Registered
Was out for our weekly ride and needed some paper products and some soda. We stopped at our local DG with our mandatory masks.
There were no Hot Wheels to be found, pegs were empty.
I asked if they got in any of those trays and was told that someone came in earlier this week and bought the entire tray.
The person said they weren't sure if they would get any more given the situation.
With a stay at home order until mid May, it is unlikely I'll find any of the DG exclusives.

Registered
Was out grocery shopping yesterday and stopped by DG for a few things. Checked the pegs but nothing new there. Then as I was going thru the store I found a new box of the G mix cars on a random endcap. There were no THs at all but all exclusives were there. I may end up with enough to do a 2nd mail-in.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts