Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know why the Cadillac Ambulance seems to be the HOT Find of the moment???? Asking because I found one the other night..

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Could be for several reasons. One, MB did a classic Caddy Ambulance back in the 60s. So many collectors who have been buying MBs for a long time see a direct influence on this one. Two, they are limited in the # they ship per batch, I'm thinking only 1, 2 at most. Third, it just looks really cool! The MB team did a great job converting the Caddy Hearse casting first introduced several years ago, and turned it into this new casting. The base has also been reworked for a more stock appearing ride height.

These have escaped me so far. This casting reminds me a bit of the Routemaster bus. It's an iconic casting for MB and is limited to one copy per batch making them pretty desirable for hardcore MB collectors.

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
I've only found my second in as many months. I heard that the Caddy Ambulance is packed only one per case. I hope that increases in the subsequent batches.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I heard the 2010 matchbox caddy is going to be red. which is a good color. But hey man , I found my second one in target the other day but, didnt have the money, so I hidd it and when i came back the following two days it was gone!!!! I only found the school bus I also hid.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hang in there. They are just a very attractive model and scalpers are getting them hoping to take advantage of the popularity. There will be plenty for all. Only 1 to a case now but hang on and I hope this changes.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I heard the 2010 matchbox caddy is going to be red. which is a good color. But hey man , I found my second one in target the other day but, didnt have the money, so I hidd it and when i came back the following two days it was gone!!!! I only found the school bus I also hid.
School buses are everywhere now. Same thing as the Caddy. Be patient. Happy collecting,

Jim G.

·
Registered
161 Posts
yea hopefully 2010 would be a fast year on releasing the matchbox cars 2007 was a good year. new models came all within the same time. cause in georgia december 2008 of last year, for the new blister packs of 2008 I remember getting the dodge charger, green cadillac de'vile. and that was it. so far there going strong this year. Ive seen the purple ghia, red lotus, blue monaco, and the vietnam jeep. so good so far!!!! wow imagine a U-Haul moving truck!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts