Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Lifetime Quacka
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saved these pics a few years ago from an auction that I saw on Evil bay. The seller was not sure what it was and I did not bother to write and ask at the time. This is the only trace I have of this thing actually in existence. I know it is not the Mad Doctor. It is not one of the Ripley's torture kits. Thought someone on this board may have one? built up? in a box? some pics maybe? Someone told me a while back what they thought it was but I can't remember. Just looking for more info on the thing in general. Any info would be appreciated. I would not mind tracking one down and adding it to my collection.

Attachments

·
Lifetime Quacka
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahhhh...so it is not a kit at all then? THis is very cool. I am not real familiar with all of the marx characters.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Yes its a model kit, Marx produced some model kits, even a vampire playing his pipe organ, they also made stagecoach, ships, later lindberg bought the molds, the stagecoach has been reissued alot.

Randy

·
Lifetime Quacka
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow...thanks for the info, Buzz. I just looked it up on the web and not much info there at all. This thing must be very scarce. You know, I got my hands on a sealed Ripleys torture chair kit a few years ago. Would like to get a built up of one of those to restore but they are not easy to come by either. At least I have something to title my jpg files and I have a chance at finding a Dr Krazy someplace. Would love to see the vampire kit you speak of too.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Cool. I like the riplys kits also, I only have one, the torture chair, I built from a boxed kit, here it is, not very well detailed kit, but with a good paint job it can make a showcase dazzle.
Buzz

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
Weird and wacky! Can you imagine anyone making these models and marketing them to kids today? They are so politically incorrect in like 10 different ways!

Ah, the innocence of the Sixties . . .

ADDENDUM: I'm not a doctor, and I don't play one on television, but judging by the shape of the torture-chair victim's navel, I'd say he has a paraumbilical hernia.

·
Lifetime Quacka
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
YEAH! Another nice one from the Buzz-meister! In fact I may even remember you postingthis a long time ago? I like your taste in kits. I have been looking for a complete Iron Maiden and Torture Wheel kit (the other 2 Ripley's) for some time now and I am still patiently waiting. There is always the Monsters in Motion Iron Maiden but it is resin and I prefer plastic. Shuold you ever come across any pics or info of that Marx Vampire, you must share!

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Duck finKdo you also collect the bug eyed monsters also?, like scuzz fink,I like the flypogger series, i need speed shift to complete the collection.I was fortunate to win flip out on ebay a feww years back, he means alot to me,cause I had it as akid.i am missing big boss fink and brother rat fink on a bike, it was supposed to be reissue last year, never happen.I did get a big wheeler from the lindberg loonies series, I just relish in this pop culture sixties stuff.

Happy modelling
BUZZ

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
This is what keeps me coming back to Hobby talk - well, this and the comradrie, of course - but here's a kit I had never seen before, never even knew it existed. Not only do I get to see it, but BuzzC jumps in with the backstory! Thanks for posting the pics DF, and thank you BC for the explanation!

·
Lifetime Quacka
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Scotpens: hehehe...yeah I think this guy has more than a hernia. All of these kits are politically incorrect in more ways than one...agreed. That just might be part of the attraction for me. Would love to see more stuff like this hitting the shelves.

Buzzconroy: Yeah I have just about all of the bug eyed creatures one can stand! I still don't have Boss Fink yet either. I do have Brother Rat Fink and I was dissapointed that I did not see them on the shelves last year too. Wonder if it had to do with poor sales of the Superfink? Just speculation. All of my Fink kits are reissues except for the Brother Rat Fink and the Mr. Gasser slot car (still sealed). I don't have the Rat Fink slot car either.

I do have speed shift and flip out as well as the reissue of Superfuzz. I was lucky enough to land a Flip Out on e-bay too about 2 years ago. I got the Speed shift from a friend of mine that got it built up from someone off of e-bay several years ago as well. They are both tough to get. Speed Shift was a glue bomb.

The loonies are very cool indeed. I have the reissue of Satan's Crate and the Bad Wheels issue of Road Hog. I still need Big Wheeler and Scuttle Bucket. I hope to find all of this stuff in built up (kid) condition so I can restore it. I really enjoyed tearing Flip Out down and getting the paint and glue off of him. He is ready for reassembly. Missin a few parts here and there, the worst being Speed Shifts hand that holds the steering wheel. I can make another Flip Out surf board unless i find an original somewhere.

Looks like our taste in kits are identical. Should i ever decide to part with the ones you have mentioned above I will certainly let you know. For now I plan on moving forward with a restore job on these babies. My taste in kits comes a decade before I was born. I did not come along until 70. I am glad to see you guys were sick and twisted in the 60's!

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Modellers who never heard of flip out, he is a far out beachcomber, had this post last year, he is extremly rare, I got this in a bad box, I got an extra eye with it bonus .I had to have it,cause I mucked it up when I was 11.these flypoggers were even rare in there hey day, I just love em.bTW on original kits I will leave in mold lines or just fill cracks with putty, cannot sand off detail or sand off part numbers, I dont alter originals in anyway, unless its a glue bomb, and need to sculpt in detail that was damaged,

Buzz

·
Lifetime Quacka
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I went to save this pic (since I am quite the picture saver) and it looks like i saved it when you posted last time! Thanks for sharing again. Can't get enough this kind of stuff. By the way...The ONLY thing that I can find on Dr Krazy on the net is in issue #11 of Playset magazine. I ordered it and plan on sharing any additional info it may have when it arrives.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I only seen dr krazy twice in my life on ebay. the mad organ player comes in colored plastic like the dr suess models by revell, think its a snap.
Dr krazy is a model, never seen it as a kid.
lindberg had some cool models like the brain buster, very rare.
I didnt know superfink reissue was a bad seller?
before the reissue it sure went for stupid money same as the scuzzfink.
I am so happy that hawk reissued all the silly surfers, frantic cats and weird ohs with the decals.
I just relish in this stuff you wouldnt believe, cause its from my childhood.
Apparently monogram has all of the flypogger molds, the suzzfink sold out, not reissuing the other 2 is beyond me.

Randy

·
Lifetime Quacka
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That part about SuperFink being a bad seller was just speculation on my part. I would assume it would do well cause i know how bad I wanted one before the reissue. I watched the auctions. Almost broke down and bought the resin version of that kit. I hope Revell still has plans to at least do Brother Rat Fink. That just leaves Boss Fink and the 2 slot cars that has not been reissued. what are the chances?

I have been looking for this mad organ player as well. Is that actually the name of the kit?

Brain Buster is cool too. I have not actually seen this kit, just a pic in the Collectible Figure Kits book. the Mad Maestro is a kit that has been up for a long time BIN on ebay but apparently nobody wants to spend 5 or 6 hundred dollars for it. I got one of those little Lindberg monsters years ago on ebay (Krimson Terror) but I am not that impressed with that kit.

I too am very happy to own all of the weird-ohs, silly surfers and Frantics. Very cool kits IMO. I can't understand why Monogram will not at least shake lose those molds and do a small run. Either that or sell the molds and let someone else have at it.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Duck fink this the only info I have or pics of the box art, 5 years ago, I had pics of the parts, it was on ebay actually, I burn the pics to a disk, i have no clue where it is, but i am looking, btw these pics are from my classic plastic book,sorry about blurred on dr krazy, hope this helps
buzz

·
Lifetime Quacka
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Man this is just awesome! I now have another reason to get the Classic Plastic book. Thanks a million for all of your help on these kits. That is great!

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Duckfink here are some pics of very rare prototypes the first is a silly surfer called surf monster hanging six, the others are frantic cats that never made it
I go ape over you and frantic baby sitter in curlers.Thought you might like to see them again the pics are not the best.
Buzz

1 - 20 of 41 Posts