Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,061 Posts
Wow, that's a cool one. I don't think I've ever seen that much excess foil on a wheel. It's difficult to put a value on errors though so I don't know how helpful I can really be. Relatively few collectors collect errors so that limits the demand, but with potentially unique errors the supply is also low. It basically comes down to finding the right buyer. You could list it on eBay for an optimistic amount and set it so people can make offers on it.

·
Administrator
37,042 Posts
but will cost you more than a $1.00 to take it home!

I cant recall seeing but a few examples of a wheel that heavily chromed either. Did you notice it when you took it out of the blister or before? Or did it come attached to the top of the card already! 🙃

Loose you may not be able to find an interested error collector - unless both wheels on that set are equally heavily chromed.

Reactions: samace22

·
Starship Class
12,120 Posts
If it were a coin released by the mint, it might be worth a fortune. As it is, it's an interesting oddity and worth hanging onto, IMHO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts