Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This board moves so slowly, I wonder of there are very many finds out there?

Or, am I the only one who likes to post his finds here?

·
Banned
726 Posts
I have agree. WLs have become hard to find because of distribution. To top that crappy releases as well. Johnny has gone down in the last few years.

·
Top Squid
393 Posts
Drove north to Virginia last month, found one passing through North Carolina and one in Virginia, both 40th whites hanging in the middle of the day in Walmarts. Spend most of my time in South Carolina, to much hot wheels mafia with no day jobs to find anything here.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I think it has been over 2 yrs since I've found one. It is one of those things where it has been so long I don't even remember the last one did find.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I found 4 this year mostly at clearance stores. Guess the rumers are true. Its a very sad story. They had a great thing going. Rc2 blew it bigtime.Bob

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Take into account here that JL's last REAL release of the $4-6 cars was Lightning Rods 3 (not counting the latest John Deere stuff). LR3 NEVER hit the pegs of ANY store around here. It's been months with no high line JLs being released and you can't find the ones that were. My Walmarts no longer carry JL at all, some of the others I could consider "local" carry them but only 40th. 4 out of my 5 local Kmarts stopped carrying JL, GL, and M2 and replaced them with tech decks. My local TRU now has an insider taking all of the good stuff, I caught them in the act, reported it to the manager, it is still happening. As Frank put it a bit more eloquently, the HW clowns grab up 90% or better of the ones that make it to the pegs.(nothing against HW clowns, I used to be one too) It's been a frustrating year with very few good finds, 4-5 GMs, three 40th WLs including 1 LS, a precious few Classics chase, and a handful of super hunts sums up what has been a frustrating year for finds.
I guess I've had a better year than some but nothing compared to a couple of short years ago. Hopefully JL will release more series/releases this coming year AND convince retailers to put'em on the pegs. It has to work on both ends and now it's not happening on either end. It also seem the HW constituancy has REALLY upped their game in the last year, maybe it's just me but this year more and more I'm getting beat to the pharmacies and grocery stores like never before when it's "shipper time", thusly reducing my trade bait significantly:freak: Let's all hope the economy comes back and we can all get back to work, I firmly believe that a little prosperity will have to be part of any new equation, otherwise it looks like more of the same.:cry:

·
Registered
395 Posts
well. there hard to find when they do put them in stores, i don't have the cash to buy them on ebay, i look at toy show just don't see them any more.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
I've found 2 1/64 WLs in the past three years, and none since December 2007. I found 1 1/24 WL this year. Can't post finds when there aren't any.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
no one sells them here any longer. tru, walmart, target, kmart, no where has any johnny liightnings any longer in stock.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I haven't found any since they started putting them in the clamshells either. I am in Okinawa now and and I am surprised to see that they do have Johnny Lightnings on the shelves at the base exchanges. They are the Universal Studios Monsters series that came out several years ago and Holiday cars from last year I think. I don't really see a chance in finding any in the near future as these are not going anywhere. But my collection continues to grow, just not at retail prices.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I finally found these two at the local WallyWorld this morning. The pegs were overloaded. I guess I was lucky to be the first there. I am showing the two so that you can see the contrast. This is only the 2nd that I have found all year. The other being a Roadrunner from a Dukes release at a Magic Mart. It has been a dismal year for me.

·
Registered
84 Posts
1 is the 40th anniv. 1969 Dodge Charger R/T regular blue and the other is the White Lightning version. This is the first time I ever used a picture. I could have messed op, but I see them just fine on mine. Sorry, But I don't exactly know what i am doing.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts