Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,257 Posts
September 15TH is the next K-day Event. and the Regular Treasure Hunt is the 1970 Chevelle SS Convertible in Orange. And the Secret Super Treasure Hunt is the 2011 Dodge Charger R/T in Red.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
September 15TH is the next K-day Event. and the Regular Treasure Hunt is the 1970 Chevelle SS Convertible in Orange. And the Secret Super Treasure Hunt is the 2011 Dodge Charger R/T in Red.:wave::thumbsup:
I stand corrected on the Regular, thanks samace. But I have a sneaking suspicion that the $uper might be that Torino that was leaked a few weeks ago.
Some 2013's might be in the K-Day cases which are Q mixes.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Like samace said, most likely that Charger will be the $uper (and the orange Chevelle the regular one). Don't think we'll be seeing 2013 stuff until the event in November (when the real fun starts)

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
Are the K Days pretty much first come first served? I plan on going to the one on the 15th near my house.
That depends on how your local K-Mart runs it.
It is not supposed to be that way, although some K-Marts do that.
There are rules that Mattel gives to K-Marts on how to run it.
They "proper" way is everyone gets a raffle ticket when they get to the store. If your ticket is called you pick out a box then when you are instructed to open your box you have 5 minutes to pick out 5 cars. Once the five minutes is up then you can pick out what ever you want from everyone elses boxes that they don't want.
Of course it depends on how many boxes and people show up. Some times there are more people than cartons and if there are more cartons than people, they will raffle the extras the same way.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
That depends on how your local K-Mart runs it.
It is not supposed to be that way, although some K-Marts do that.
There are rules that Mattel gives to K-Marts on how to run it.
They "proper" way is everyone gets a raffle ticket when they get to the store. If your ticket is called you pick out a box then when you are instructed to open your box you have 5 minutes to pick out 5 cars. Once the five minutes is up then you can pick out what ever you want from everyone elses boxes that they don't want.
Of course it depends on how many boxes and people show up. Some times there are more people than cartons and if there are more cartons than people, they will raffle the extras the same way.
Just to confirm, that is pretty much how it goes.
If your raffle ticket gets called, you get to pick five
within five minutes and after it is all over, it's a
free-for-all for what wasn't picked.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
my kmart participates and i honestly think the only time they restock is when a kday comes...as the same cars have been on the pegs for almost 2 months now, did a reset and all but still same cars...im so tired of the workers around here never keeping stock up of things alot of kids buy!!! but sept 15th im going to my first k-day. hopefully i will meet a few cool collectors and not the typical arrogant scalper types!

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
The one I go to has never been a free for all. Everyone calmly checks out what is left in the cases after the 5 minute time limit.
The two best moments over the years at my local K-Day was when a new guy came got his number called opened his box, took only the T-Hunt and left. The other was when an elderly couple, older than 65, came and did the exact same thing, each got a case, opened them got the T-Hunts and that was it. I never saw them again.
As a rule we get close to 25 to 30 collectors now so it gets intersting when we see new people who come from different locations to see how it is run.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts