Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Sorry, couldn't resist. To answer your question, I'm not sure. I guess whatever someone will give you for it.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
......., question.... Whats a green stamp
Consider yourself luck that you don't know. That means you're not older than dirt like some of us!

I can't remember enough about them to explain it correctly, but I do remember my mom had a booklet that when she bought something at the ols A&P grocery store, she'd get another stalmp to put in the book...
or something like that.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Consider yourself luck that you don't know. That means you're not older than dirt like some of us!

I can't remember enough about them to explain it correctly, but I do remember my mom had a booklet that when she bought something at the ols A&P grocery store, she'd get another stalmp to put in the book...
or something like that.
Thanx Lummox... Now you made me feel older than I am... LOL

Here is a link for who do not know http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S&H_Green_Stamps

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Shoot, I invented dirt!!!!

I not only know what Green Stamps are, I helped my Mom save them. That was back when more mattered to businesses than just the bottom line. Like loyalty to customers so they would be loyal to you, treating them right, etc etc etc.

Now back to inventing more dirt.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Shoot, I invented dirt!!!!

I not only know what Green Stamps are, I helped my Mom save them. That was back when more mattered to businesses than just the bottom line. Like loyalty to customers so they would be loyal to you, treating them right, etc etc etc.

Now back to inventing more dirt.

I remember those days too bro, and I was talking to my girlfriend the other day about going to the store with my father and at the customer service center at Schnucks Markets in St Louis you would get your checks pre-approved and having a check cashing card.

My mom and dad once bought an entire encyclopedia set at the grocery store one volume at a time. And they had a drawer in the kitchen that they kept the Green Stamps in

1 - 20 of 46 Posts