Hobbyist Forums banner

Doepke Extravaganza! and a structo

5K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  NYSWLHUNTER 
#1 ·
Alright here we go with the beginning of my Doepke obsession. Lets start with pronunciation: Doepke Dep-key. there thats done. I looked like a fool at a toy show all day with that word.
Alright so this company was around from the late '40 to mid '50s. Everything they made was from actual production vehicles. No scifi stuff
sorry about the pics. I could not find my real camera anywhere and Kim is passed out cold.:thumbsup:

Lets look at some pictures and what I did..
#2008 Aerial Ladder

Note the bar on the drivers side. I made that today.

See less See more
#3 ·
#2007 Unit Crane

Notice the Two aluminum pins on the boom. Made those as well. Figured the rigging out myself as well. I had some antique fishing reels so I used some line off one of them. Works great. Missing the pulley hook assembly for the bucket. Notice how it has outriggers...

#7 ·
Ghasp! Hehehehehhe

Doepke Barber Greene
This is what I wanted from the start
Missing the conveyor which should be here wednesday

Turn the crank and the buckets move and so will the conveyor. wicked awesome

I showed this to my dad last night and he immediately remembered people using the actual thing back in the 50s. said it was an interesting contraption just to pick up leaves. He also remembers the road graders

Big thanks goes out to Cobra_charlie for helping me with the firetrucks over there in denver. I love craigslist!

Now I know that these are not mint and have rust but who cares. Im not after dead mint stuff. I like things that have a history or something. its all fun to me

heres a really good site about doepke and the different models they made

http://tnttoytrucks.com/Doepke.html:tongue:

#21 ·
Actually my wife is good with my hobby and travels with me to shows. It starts conversations. My father in law however thinks differently. I once talked a man at a show about his collection (he had many on display) about the affordability. He said just buy one per year and it will grow. He has fun showing them to the public.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.