Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp, now live and running until Thursday, September 23rd! Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright here we go with the beginning of my Doepke obsession. Lets start with pronunciation: Doepke Dep-key. there thats done. I looked like a fool at a toy show all day with that word.
Alright so this company was around from the late '40 to mid '50s. Everything they made was from actual production vehicles. No scifi stuff
sorry about the pics. I could not find my real camera anywhere and Kim is passed out cold.:thumbsup:

Lets look at some pictures and what I did..
#2008 Aerial Ladder

Note the bar on the drivers side. I made that today.

·
Registered
9,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
#2006 Grader

Real nice heavy piece. Note the blue adjusters. another thing I made today. Ill let them sit out in the weather and give them some petina:)

·
Registered
9,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
#2007 Unit Crane

Notice the Two aluminum pins on the boom. Made those as well. Figured the rigging out myself as well. I had some antique fishing reels so I used some line off one of them. Works great. Missing the pulley hook assembly for the bucket. Notice how it has outriggers...

·
Registered
9,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Structo Shovel crane

This crane creeps me out for some reason, but its awesome!! Super clean and fully functioning

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I always thought it was DOP-Key... doh!

I come across them from time to time, right now I have a "Barber Green" atop my display case.

·
Registered
9,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ghasp! Hehehehehhe

Doepke Barber Greene
This is what I wanted from the start
Missing the conveyor which should be here wednesday

Turn the crank and the buckets move and so will the conveyor. wicked awesome

I showed this to my dad last night and he immediately remembered people using the actual thing back in the 50s. said it was an interesting contraption just to pick up leaves. He also remembers the road graders

Big thanks goes out to Cobra_charlie for helping me with the firetrucks over there in denver. I love craigslist!

Now I know that these are not mint and have rust but who cares. Im not after dead mint stuff. I like things that have a history or something. its all fun to me

heres a really good site about doepke and the different models they made

http://tnttoytrucks.com/Doepke.html:tongue:

·
Registered
9,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here are the ones Im looking for

Jaeger cement mixer

Euclid bottom dumper

Caterpillar Dozer

Heiliner Scraper

Any of these barber greenes

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,828 Posts
Awesome pictures. I had the 2,3, and 4th pieces you showed. Totally forgotten until I saw your pictures. Thanks for the memories

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Yeah, my older brother had the grader. Forgot all about that one too, haven't seen it since '77. So cool!
I remember that one being a blast to push around by the steering wheel. It felt more like a dirt drack midget racer.
Nice job making those parts...great thread!

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Wow Karl, Haven't seen that truck in many decades.
My older brother had it and it was painted by the time I was born, never knew it used to be red!

Way cool thread!!!!

·
Registered
307 Posts
I like those old trucks, I am drawn to them. I had the tonka tow truck as a child . I prefer the the Lincons and I will have to have one now . I will start to look for the tow truck. That should make my wife happy.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts