Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All :)

From one of the various Car related Facebook Groups I follow, I saw a Dodge Viper Limousine, and thought it might be kinda cool to try to Scratchbuild

This is one of the better Photos I've been able to find for it

I've since, through my own Research, found out that the Base Car is a 1995/1996 Dodge Viper RT/10, and was made by Unique Movie Cars

I've found a number of useful Photos that I can make use of easy enough, including a Plan Drawing for the Base Car in question, which I've since been able to Modify for my purposes

What I could use help with, if at all possible, is the Right Side View, and, more importantly, the Seating Configuration....either Photos or Drawings, whatever seems easier

If it helps, I also have this bit of Information as well:

The stretched version of the Dodge Viper measures 7.62 meters (25-feet) in length and provides space for twelve people.

This will be a Future Project, as I'm currently working on other Projects at the moment - a 1:18 Scale Ecto-1 by way of example - so I'm just gathering whatever Reference Photos or Drawings I can at the moment :)

Attachments

·
Administrator
38,106 Posts
Do you know what movie or tv series it appeared in? :unsure:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is R&T article on it. Looks to have 4 seats in the rear in an L shaped set up.
Hmmmm....

Going by that description, I need better Reference than before :)

I managed to find this Video, which shows the Right Side a bit, and in which you can see that the Rear Right Section is the Main Passenger Door

So, what I chiefly need, is some kind of Photo or Plan which shows the Configuration of the Passenger Seats

We're guessing that two sit at the back, but, beyond that, it seems to be Best Guess :-/

I have this also, which shows 'some' Passengers, but, not all

Attachments

·
Administrator
38,106 Posts
This seems to be the only photo of the right hand side on the internet currently. I am not sure that there is a door to either side of the rear compartment. Another photo shows what looks to be a bench type seat back against the inside right side of the rear compartment. Based on the video links and other photos it looks like the seating configuration may have changed over time. One article claimed up to 12 people could fit inside (which I took to mean 2 up front, 2 at the rear and then 8 in the middle!

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
This seems to be the only photo of the right hand side on the internet currently. I am not sure that there is a door to either side of the rear compartment. Another photo shows what looks to be a bench type seat back against the inside right side of the rear compartment. Based on the video links and other photos it looks like the seating configuration may have changed over time. One article claimed up to 12 people could fit inside (which I took to mean 2 up front, 2 at the rear and then 8 in the middle!
Yep, I haven't been able to find anything else yet either

The only thing I've found that even shows the Main Passenger Door, is that Video....

And the only Site - so far at least - that confirms that this was made by Unique Movie Cars, is this one (the Ad at the bottom)

I just tried sending Unique Movie Cars a Message about this via their generic message system, but got an Error Message back

Error 403 - Forbidden
You don't have permission to access the requested resource. Please contact the web site owner for further assistance.

So I just tried sending them an E-Mail, so will let you know if I get any response to that :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got this Response this morning from Unique Cars....

This is the Message I sent via their E-Mail:

Dear Unique Movie Cars

I saw the Dodge Viper Limousine via a Group I follow on Facebook, and I would like to try to make a Model of it

Would it be at all possible to get some Internal Photos of it please, especially the Seating Configuration?

Yours Sincerely

Phil Mostyn

And this is the Response I got:

No...

·
Administrator
38,106 Posts
There are a couple of WIP photos at their web site but both are during the build and dont show the interior....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts