Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Sorry but the side doors are too wide. I've had a few of these Dodges over the years so know what I'm talking about. I do understand this is a casting GL bought so it was the way it came. Wheelbase of this van should be 127" but it's missing that small space between the front passenger door and first side door. If it were a 109" shorty wheelbase then the door arrangement is correct. Here are a couple of links with pictures:

http://www.allpar.com/trucks/b-vans.html

Look at the bottom right picture of the white 109" to see what a proper shorty should look like:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Ram_Van

Since GL was able to revise the Chevy van casting I'm hoping it may be possible to correct the side doors on this Dodge. Any chance it can be improved upon, Russell? :confused:

It's a well done casting otherwise - just needs that little bit of correction to be a knock out of the park! :)

·
Registered
14,323 Posts
Perhaps it's just the picture, but the rear track of this van seem a bit narrow too.

GL bought the casting, and we may never see anything more from it besides different paint jobs, but a high-top ambulance would be cool... It would be in line with GL's other emergency vehicles, especially the older Monaco.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Perhaps it's just the picture, but the rear track of this van seem a bit narrow too.

GL bought the casting, and we may never see anything more from it besides different paint jobs, but a high-top ambulance would be cool... It would be in line with GL's other emergency vehicles, especially the older Monaco.
FWIW on my example the rear track is slightly narrower than the front to tune of about 1/32". Not super noticeable but still a difference especially in 1:64.

Know GL may have simply leased the casting as opposed to buying it outright. If they do actually own it may be possible to shift the side door lines over a bit to look more proper - that's my hope anyway!

I'd welcome variations of this van and sort of wish that side window on the driver's side wasn't there so proper panel vans for use by tradesmen could be done such as plumbers, construction, etc. :wave:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts