Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Dodge 330 is probably the most overlooked Mopar musclecar of all, but with competition like the RoadRunner and
Charger it's not hard to see why. It was the 2nd custom I ever did so I got it back out and dipped it in Future:

By the looks of it they did this car in tribute to Larry Shangle's Max Wedge Ramcharger:

I had already painted the interior flat black last night before I ran onto this article, but it was a match all the way.
It's a great read that tells about it using a lot of aluminum parts way back in the (cast) iron age.

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/featuredvehicles/b_body/1964_dodge_330/index.html

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
I love that car! i cant find a casting of it tho :(
I'd recommend finding a Johnny Lightning of this car.
No offence to Jitte's way cool custom, but JLs casting job is quite a bit better.
What's this, a Racing Champions???
Lemme know if you need one or two, I have several wheel-less extras.
I bought several for the plain steelie wheels. Your choice of black or off white.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd recommend finding a Johnny Lightning of this car.
No offence to Jitte's way cool custom, but JLs casting job is quite a bit better.
What's this, a Racing Champions???
Lemme know if you need one or two, I have several wheel-less extras.
I bought several for the plain steelie wheels. Your choice of black or off white.
I'll take one if you have an extra to spare, the off white is OK but the color doesn't matter. I bought it when I first started collecting a few years ago and have never seen it since. It was the 2nd car I customized and then just a wheelswap.

I love this car and loved to see it race, that Dodge emblem is what everybody else see's that races it. ;) If I had a free choice of this or a Charger I'd pick this, just to beat everybody in a sleeper.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
No prollem, man. Just gimme your address, I'll send one out.

Here's one I made into an altered wheel base car.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
some awesome custom diecast.
That AWB 330 Dodge is KILLER.
These cars were the predecessors of the RoadRunners and Super Bee's that came along later in the sixties.

The first Black one reminds me of a
Lindberg 1/25 scale model I built a couple of years ago, as a street sleeper:

oh yeah, its gotta HEMI:

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for showing your 330's. The altered wheelbase one reminds me of some of the Dragstrip Demons they came out with. And that subdued black street sleeper is anything but subdued.

I'll PM you my addy, thanks ever so much for offering to send me one. That's better than any old Treasure Hunt to me, it's a treasure on it's own.

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Great cars gang, Jitte, that is a strong looking sample with those wheels. And I always dig that Lummox version!!! And wow CJ, nice build! I really like this thread...

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
I'll PM you my addy, thanks ever so much for offering to send me one. That's better than any old Treasure Hunt to me, it's a treasure on it's own.
The honor is all mine. Can't wait to see it customized!
I'll send'em out hopefully by the weekend (cjcobra and jitte).

·
Registered
799 Posts
HI Jitte! where do you find future floor wax? I thought it would be easy to find, but walmart, dollar general and kmart did not carry it.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'll take the Color Me Gone one. :p The scoops are open on those too.

Man, this brings back memories. I'm getting ideas just looking at them...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts