Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320091830347
i had a bid in on this one but the seller ended the listing early. i never seen it get relisted and apparently nobody else did either looking at the ending price. do you think the seller followed through on sending the winning bidder the set? or....... do you think there was a sneaky pete deal that was made outside e-bay which would explain the seller ending the listing early the first time? i also noticed the seller has ended a few other listings early.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
Pewter02WS6 said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320091830347
i had a bid in on this one but the seller ended the listing early. i never seen it get relisted and apparently nobody else did either looking at the ending price. do you think the seller followed through on sending the winning bidder the set? or....... do you think there was a sneaky pete deal that was made outside e-bay which would explain the seller ending the listing early the first time? i also noticed the seller has ended a few other listings early.
if you're looking for that set i have one but the one on the left isnt pearl white
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,380 Posts
The auction wasnt ended early. It finished as scheduled. It was sold to the high bidder as well, cause the seller left the bidder feedback.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mark #10 said:
The auction wasnt ended early. It finished as scheduled. It was sold to the high bidder as well, cause the seller left the bidder feedback.
correct! the seller ended it early the first time it was listed. it appears it has ran the full length the second time. there are a few holes though.........
1. the first time the seller had it listed, they had white lightning listed in the title.
2.the second time, they removed "white lightning" from the title but left it in the white lightning category and left the pearl white description on the 68 in the item description.
3. i was never notified by e-bay via email or in my that the item has been relisted. i clicked on the link for the item and noticed that it was relisted at the top.
4. i search daily with all possible variations of search keys that would have turned this item up in my search. i found it the first time but it never showed up the second time??????
5. the winning bidder was the only other bidder other than me the first time the set was listed. does anyone find it odd that there was only one bid for this set and it just happens to be by said bidder? sets with the 71' white lightning have been selling for $160 and there have been quite a few listed. i think i have only ever seen one other 68' white listed since these came out. i highly doubt that this listing was seen by anyone else on e-bay during it's course. if it would have, it certainly would have sold for much more than it did.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,815 Posts
Pewter02WS6 said:
correct! the seller ended it early the first time it was listed. it appears it has ran the full length the second time. there are a few holes though.........
1. the first time the seller had it listed, they had white lightning listed in the title.
2.the second time, they removed "white lightning" from the title but left it in the white lightning category and left the pearl white description on the 68 in the item description.
3. i was never notified by e-bay via email or in my that the item has been relisted. i clicked on the link for the item and noticed that it was relisted at the top.
4. i search daily with all possible variations of search keys that would have turned this item up in my search. i found it the first time but it never showed up the second time??????
5. the winning bidder was the only other bidder other than me the first time the set was listed. does anyone find it odd that there was only one bid for this set and it just happens to be by said bidder? sets with the 71' white lightning have been selling for $160 and there have been quite a few listed. i think i have only ever seen one other 68' white listed since these came out. i highly doubt that this listing was seen by anyone else on e-bay during it's course. if it would have, it certainly would have sold for much more than it did.
The one with the 1971 Olds isn't bringing $160. The one I had on brought $65.00, and one two days after mine ended at $71.00.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,518 Posts
1rarew30 ... i think he is a member here?

I ALWAYS see him when looking for stuff on ebay... i take it he has 1 rare W-30 and likes oldsmobiles just as much as i do!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
408 Posts
TheDarkCutlass said:
1rarew30 ... i think he is a member here?

I ALWAYS see him when looking for stuff on<a href="http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-1751-2978-71/1?AID=5463217&PID=1606754&mpre=http%3A//www.ebay.com"> eBay!</a>... i take it he has 1 rare W-30 and likes oldsmobiles just as much as i do!
Yes I am!! I too saw the the item and then I forgot to bid.So I kept an eye open to see if it was going to get relisted,well 1 did get listed but without the "label" White Lightning,But in item description it stated that the '68 had a pearl white body.(which when I opened the package to check, it was not)I did not get to upset because of the 9.99 ending price(I thought WOW my lucky day!) So no sneeky deals lol just overpaid for extra cars!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
rarew30 said:
Yes I am!! I too saw the the item and then I forgot to bid.So I kept an eye open to see if it was going to get relisted,well 1 did get listed but without the "label" White Lightning,But in item description it stated that the '68 had a pearl white body.(which when I opened the package to check, it was not)I did not get to upset because of the 9.99 ending price(I thought WOW my lucky day!) So no sneeky deals lol just overpaid for extra cars!
you should go after the seller for having it listed as pearl white and in the white lightning category. i think he had an offer on the set during the first listing and decided to sell a regular set or it wasn't getting the bids he expected. i noticed how he took white lightning out of the title whe he relisted it but left it in the white lightning category and kept the description as the car being pearl white. i san another one of his listings end early that i was watching or had a bid in on. i didn't pay attention to see if he took the white lightning out of the title. anyways, i hope you land all of those olds soon. between you and jr442, i am tired of getting into bid wars with you over these darn olds whites! :tongue: :D j/k
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
408 Posts
Pewter02WS6 said:
you should go after the seller for having it listed as pearl white and in the white lightning category. i think he had an offer on the set during the first listing and decided to sell a regular set or it wasn't getting the bids he expected. i noticed how he took white lightning out of the title whe he relisted it but left it in the white lightning category and kept the description as the car being pearl white. i san another one of his listings end early that i was watching or had a bid in on. i didn't pay attention to see if he took the white lightning out of the title. anyways, i hope you land all of those olds soon. between you and jr442, i am tired of getting into bid wars with you over these darn olds whites! :tongue: :D j/k
First of all HI! I am sorry about the bid wars but I like to open up "whites" I only try to win 2 or 3 and thats it.shoot me a pm with your ebay id @ I will step back,I do not want to make any of my fellow hobbytalk brothers upset. as far as the ebay "win" of the '68 442,I thought abought it and I decided to not pursue it any further.Not really worth the effort for 6 bucks.I have won a '68 pearl white 442 on ebay and I do know the differience.I hope this clears up my end! Dan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
rarew30 said:
First of all HI! I am sorry about the bid wars but I like to open up "whites" I only try to win 2 or 3 and thats it.shoot me a pm with your e-bay id @ I will step back,I do not want to make any of my fellow hobbytalk brothers upset. as far as the e-bay "win" of the '68 442,I thought abought it and I decided to not pursue it any further.Not really worth the effort for 6 bucks.I have won a '68 pearl white 442 on e-bay and I do know the differience.I hope this clears up my end! Dan
dan, no worries. i have bid against fellow board members and i have had plenty bid against me. it took me awhile to learn some of the ebay ID's though. if there are plenty of certain whites floating around on e-bay, i won't go after the ones that i know fellow board members have bids in on. i will just wait for the other auction. if it comes down to one of my holy grails, then the gloves are on! :D

there are a few guys that seem to keep bidding on every friggin white that i have my sights set on. i seen a few names that have won auctions for certain whites i wanted and low n behold, the SOBs end up bidding on the same friggin car they already won when it comes up in a listing again. how many of one single white are needed for ones collection? :freak:

i open some and have grabbed some extras as openers but that was during the canadian rush. also, 3 of the 4 i already had were with holes punched in the cards so i figured that i would grab good carded ones because the prices were very low and e-bay was flooded with a bunch of them. i am working on opening all of my whites but still can't bring myself to do so yet. :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
Weird how this auction is such a big deal. Sounds like he probably forgot to edit the description along with the title, when he listed the reg set. $9.99 still worked out ok. As for the set with the '68 WL, I'm not sure why that is a big deal either.

I have posted one of these sets with the WL '68 (pearl white) along with my other trade bait, on many trade boards. And nobody seems to want it. I had maybe one offer to buy (was looking for trades at the time, so declined to sell. Never got a cash number.). Granted, I was looking for some high dollar stuff, but figured maybe a multi-trade could be worked out. But nope. It's still in my trade inventory.

Not sure why the '71 is so much more sought after. Maybe because it is easy to tell in a photo that it is a WL.

Just my 2 cents.

Cozmictoys
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,401 Posts
like that spoilers charger !

aside from a very few that slipped thru the cracks I think 3 guys bought up every one that was on there .

I finally got one myself for an OK price
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
cozmictoys said:
Weird how this auction is such a big deal. Sounds like he probably forgot to edit the description along with the title, when he listed the reg set. $9.99 still worked out ok. As for the set with the '68 WL, I'm not sure why that is a big deal either.

I have posted one of these sets with the WL '68 (pearl white) along with my other trade bait, on many trade boards. And nobody seems to want it. I had maybe one offer to buy (was looking for trades at the time, so declined to sell. Never got a cash number.). Granted, I was looking for some high dollar stuff, but figured maybe a multi-trade could be worked out. But nope. It's still in my trade inventory.

Not sure why the '71 is so much more sought after. Maybe because it is easy to tell in a photo that it is a WL.

Just my 2 cents.

Cozmictoys
i threw you a few trade offers for this set but i didn't have anything you were looking for. i then shot you a very generous cash offer of $65 for this set. you declined and told me you were estimating the trade value of this set to be $65 to $85 and that you would let me know if you couldn't trade it off for something you needed. i never heard back from you so please don't come here and lie by saying that nobody is interested and that you never got a cash number offered on it. i even went as far as offering you enough to buy one of the high end whites you were looking for and you still declined. i think you were just expecting to get top e-bay prices for because the 71 white was selling for in excess of $100 at that time :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
LOL! You are right. I honestly forgot about your cash offer. (I just delete cash offer emails, after responding, when I am trying to trade). You asked me how much I wanted (money). I told you I wanted trade, and estimated trade value at 65-85. Which would be the worth of some of the cars I was looking for. I declined your money offer because I wanted to trade. I told you that I would keep you in mind, IF I were to sell. I think you are a whiner, because you didn't have anything on my list to offer in trade. Come up with some traders I need, buddy, and it's yours.


And yes, yours is (I believe) the only offer I have had (trade, or cash) for the WL Head to Head set with the pearl white '68 442. Which is why I commented that I don't know why this particular auction is a big deal.

P.S. If you are hinting that I am a scalper, just ask the folks at:
http://p092.ezboard.com/bwwwsnehwcom
what they think of that. Cause "them's fightin words" where I come from.

Cozmictoys
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,815 Posts
cozmictoys said:
LOL! You are right. I honestly forgot about your cash offer. (I just delete cash offer emails, after responding, when I am trying to trade). You asked me how much I wanted (money). I told you I wanted trade, and estimated trade value at 65-85. Which would be the worth of some of the cars I was looking for. I declined your money offer because I wanted to trade. I told you that I would keep you in mind, IF I were to sell. I think you are a whiner, because you didn't have anything on my list to offer in trade. Come up with some traders I need, buddy, and it's yours.


And yes, yours is (I believe) the only offer I have had (trade, or cash) for the WL Head to Head set with the pearl white '68 442. Which is why I commented that I don't know why this particular auction is a big deal.

Cozmictoys
Only a trade value of $65-85? You always complain to me about being a scalper, yet you want top buck for your stuff too. I wouldn't talk - everyone says this is a hobby and you should trade a car you like for a car you like, but it's always about having an even trade "value" or thinking it is gold. If he went as far as offering to purchase a car you want and having it sent to you so he could trade for your Olds, I think that is more than fair on his end. You should have also sold your set for $65.00 - that's a very generous offer and you'd be lucky to get $40-50 for your set now. If you can't trade what you have and someone offers to buy it, sell it and then buy what you need with that money. :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,815 Posts
cozmictoys said:
P.S. If you are hinting that I am a scalper, just ask the folks at:
http://p092.ezboard.com/bwwwsnehwcom
what they think of that.

Cozmictoys
As a member there, I can say that all of you are a bunch of cool guys. But, honestly, I don't care what anyone thinks of me as a "scalper" if I decide to sell cars I find or have. It's up to me and is no one else's decision but mine - our economic system is free enterprise and capitalism exists. :wave:
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top