Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in one of the local Meijer stores the other day. Went over to check on the cars and saw a couple of the new (to me at least) two car packs. One of the cars was like a mid-thirties Willys gasser, maroon color with "Mr. Gasket" decals across the door. Similar car to the one that "ohio" George Montgomery drove in the early days. The other car was one of the clear-type experimental vehicles that really don't appeal to me. Anyway, I stopped and stared at the gasser, went back down the aisle, came back, really thought about buying it (that inner voice saying that I should) but I decided to walk away. Thoughts later were I really should pick that sucker up the next time that I go to that store. So a couple of days later I stopped by and of course both of them were long gone. By now I ought to know to pick them up when I get that feeling that those cars maybe uncommon. But I still wind up passing on them only to have remorse later. :(

·
Registered
781 Posts
This happens to me everywhere I go. For instance, this last weekend at my local flea market, my diecast guy had a box of hot wheels that were 6 for $5. I really am only collecting Greenlight right now, but as I glanced through the box, I noticed these were cars from 1990-2000. I even saw a morris minor that I have never seen in person. I thought about picking a few cars up as there were several in there that I hadn't seen before. But I walked away, got home and thought "how stupid of me to pass on those". If he still has them after the first of the year, I may pick them up.....not holding my breath though.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Happens all the time to me.

If I really think that I might buy it later, I hide it in another aisle behind stuff for a possible purchase later on, possibly in a couple of days. Usually when I go back to the place where I hid the car, it's gone. Simply amazing to me. I need better spots to hide cars.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
At a just under a buck, why do it to yourself. Just buy the stupid thing. ;)

And Dave, if you must just hide those cars, just put them behind some books.
No diecast collector is ever gunna look there. :tongue:

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Well, I have to say NO as I have been Collecting for a long time and today
I buy it if I like it and never have 2nd thoughts. Now when I first started
Collecting back in the 70's I would say YES I have done that many of times
but today I have to say NO.

Remember this though. Mattel makes a butt load of Cars today and you will
be able to find it again. Only worry when a Corp makes 1 of each item and
you pass on it....That's when you worry :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts