Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night around 8:30 the wife tells me that I need to run up to WM to pick up a prescription for my daughter. After some mild complaining, (I had switched into couch potato mode) I did as I was told.

After picking up the medicine I thought well while I'm here might as well check right? None of the evening freight was out, but there on a cart all by themsleves were two boxes of Vintage Coca Cola strips. My experience with strips has not been good. I've probably opened 10 or 12 in the past year and never found a WL. Of course I had to open them anyway. Boy am I glad I did.

1st box - Tucker Torpedo WL MOMC

I was very happy and figured that was it. You know how it is, finding one is hard enough. I opened the second one. (of course)

'57 Nomad WL MOMC!!!

This was doubly sweet because as some of you know I am a Nomad collector. I'll tell ya, it made my night. To find 2 WL's anywhere, and in particular that WM, was so great.

I got home and gave the wife a big kiss and thank you!

The moral of the story...do what your wife tells you!

Graeme

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Oh yes! Gotta love the family!

On a couple of occasions, when I've either had to take the kids somewhere to buy something or gone shopping with my wife when I really didn't want to, I've found some of my best scores. Twice, I found multiple goodies and couple of other times I found something really great. Needless to say, I never turn down a shopping trip. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
nice grab, when i find cases the WLs are gone, or theyve been opened by employees before coming out to the floor. by the way, whats MOMC again??

·
Premium Member
5,478 Posts
Great Haul!!:thumbsup:

I went to my Wally's tonight (like always...) trolling for goodies. The freight was being pulled like always, but this time there were 5 strip boxes on the pallet. I ask an associate, who sees me there all the time, if she would do me a favor, and let me see what's in the boxes. She figures that she may get in trouble if she does it, but says screw it, she's working her last night before school starts...

4 boxes of C.A.R.S. with dodge truck 10th ANN no zingers., but low and behold a CG Cutlass in white instead of brown!!

There was also a strip box of Coke, and I got the white Nomad wagon (white interior and base)!

Bought the black Challenger, 2 '70 Monte Carlos in green, and an AMX in green.

Not bad for someone that is always too early, too late, or told NO, we are gonna get to those later. What an awesome night, and haven't enjoyed the feeling in a very long time.

Congrats on your finds!!

Dan'cin, dan'cin, dan'cin:dude:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice find!! Congrats!! Just do me a favor...don't tell my wife that I am only going to listen to her so I can go car hunting.....she thinks I do that way too much already! lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts