Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanted to let you guys know about EBAY Seller "RC-MASTERS". DO NOT buy from this seller. it took three weeks to get my item. paid August 28th but postmarked Sept. 10th..... and lied that item was shipped on sept. 2nd... and charged shipping $4 when actual shipping was $1.10. Do not buy from "RC-MASTERS" on ebay. Use HobbieGuyRC or RCBoyz. much faster and cheaper.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Your complaint about the shipping time is fine, but you cannot fault someone for charging $4.00 for shipping when you see it only 'cost' them $1.10. I've had this discussion before, and it is very annoying. Frankly, if you didn't want to pay $4.00 for shipping, then you shouldn't have bid on it. Also, is the postmark on the package correct? Sept. 10? If it is, then I'm not sure what your complaint is...If it says Sept. 10 and he said he shipped it on Sept. 2, then maybe the Post Office (If that's who it came from) held it for 8 days, which isn't unlike them at all. I'm going through the same type of situation with a buyer, and I have explained I cannot control the shipping company, whether it be USPS or FedEx or UPS or DHL or any others. I even provided a receipt to the person showing I didn't print my own date and that it did ship out on time, but they still think it's my fault.

If you are going to blame someone, support your claim with evidence.

$4.00 shipping...packing probably cost around $1.00, postage was $1.10. If they are not near a post office like myself, then gas is probably $1.80 - $2.50/gallon, and 30 miles round trip in a 30mpg car is $1.80 - $2.50. I won't take into account wear and tear or depreciation, which on a well maintained car like my Mazda is $0.02 to $0.05 per mile (depending on highway or city). So, the total would be...$4.25 (average price of gas at $2.15). Seems to me, you got by with a decent shipping charge.

Yeah yeah, you could say he had to ship out 10 other packages that day as well, so the actual cost for your package is less, being included with all the others...but, perhaps he made a special trip, like I do, just to get the package out in a timely manner.

So, if you're upset with his shipping process, then state your claim with facts.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Sorry, XRAY, you're way low on the cost of a car. The IRS, the folks known for gouging the taxpayers as much as possible, allow you over 30 cents a mile for using a car for business use.

Maybe your Mazda is way better than average, but that 30 mile trip is more like ten dollars for the average Joe.

BTW, I say "known for" to make the point. My experience with the IRS has all been good. :)

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I also have seen this complaint from a few buyer's.....All i have to say about the Shipping is ...............You Bid On It Not Him.................

·
Registered
716 Posts
Nil, not disputing that at all! But, I don't have a good car. :) Stopped buying good cars years ago when I got out of a frivolous trade. Don't forget that the IRS allots that money, but if you claim it as business, you have to file it as business...and who wants to do that? I paid $325 for my protege, been a very reliable car so far, but it definitely isn't worth 30 cents a mile. :(

I was just explaining the cost of shipping, not discussing tax information.

·
Banned
76 Posts
wow

lol,i must be missing something on the whole shipping thing! i didnt know i was suspose to alot for car travel! WHAT A CROCK! i do agree with the rest though,if you seen the shipping charge of $4 prior to bidding,then you were obviously ok with that price to begin with! but wow i didnt know i needed to start averaging in gas and mileage to go to the post office! remind me not to buy from xray,especially when hes sick and out of work! i would have to pay for the medicine,time that he would have been at work,possibly extra for making him go out side and getting sicker and no telling what else,lol! maybe we need to take up a donation for xray and get him a cheaper car so he want charge so much fro shipping! also if you are charging for your car expense then my local hobby shop needs to be giving me a discount for driving up there,lol!

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
I dont agree with this crap concerning shipping....You are asking someone to buy your product....If shipping is 1.10 then that is what you should charge..That is what I do....I dont charge an extra couple of bucks to throw something in a cardboard box that was lying around in my cellar....Besides. USPS has FREE envelopes and Small boxes to ship smaller stuff in.......I would also be afraid to buy from xray..God forbid
if he got into an accident or hit someone on the way to the post office..Would I also be Liable?...Its just another way to get a couple of bucks out of someone.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts