Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that TRUS is dead, I decided to try an online dealer to buy the new JL WWII series case and 1 extra car on 3/25/18.
After not receiving my "In stock" items after more than a week, I called to see what was the holdup. The guy that answered the phone was quite unfriendly then accuses me of "having an attitude".

I asked him what was he talking about, and proceeded to ask about how come my order wasn't shipped out yet. He tells me, the items were out of stock and "I need to stop with the attitude". I said let me talk to your supervisor. He said there is no supervisor, I am the owner. I asked him his name. He said it was "Fred". One of the jeeps I had ordered was replaced with a Pink Cadillac according to the shipping notice on the site. He thought it was "no big deal" a Jeep was being replaced with a pink Cadillac

So 2.5 weeks after I ordered some "in stock items" the box finally turns up. This clown is rude, disrespectful, is deceitful on his website and very arrogant.

Buy from 1Stopdiecast at your own peril!!

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it was. But the whole combative attitude he has stinks. He has no idea what customer service is,
and he immediately attacked me as I asked a simple and valid question on the status of the order.

If I was been rude or being a jerk-which I wasn't, I could understand his vitriol. Maybe he thinks he's the only online diecast dealer doing business.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I never had a problem with 1Stop and stuff happens. You always buy at your own risk online but after hundreds of transactions, my issues are small.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ordered from him, he sells his new stuff on eBay for a month and then ships to his customers "who always come first", yeah right. He must have a preferred customer list who he takes care of. The rest of us, he could care less about and treats us accordingly.

·
Super Moderator
23,633 Posts
I ordered from him, he sells his new stuff on eBay for a month and then ships to his customers "who always come first", yeah right. He must have a preferred customer list who he takes care of. The rest of us, he could care less about and treats us accordingly.
Did you get what you ordered? :lurk5:

·
Super Moderator
23,633 Posts
Why list something you don't have? So unprofessional.w
You can go to most any vendor web site (like amazon, wal mart, etc and find dozens of items that are out of stock, but still for sell. They are usually just waiting for their next shipment of product to arrive from the manufacturer/distributor - it is not a question of unprofessionalism, but a common business practice. This one man shop probably doesnt have the IT team or other suppport staff to make instant updates to his inventory listings.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Fred Blood is a CROOK and a THIEF!! I would NEVER give him a penny of my money. There's probably only a handful of old-school collectors left that know him for what he is and what he did as the owner of Full Grid!!

·
Super Moderator
23,633 Posts
Fred Blood is a CROOK and a THIEF!! I would NEVER give him a penny of my money. There's probably only a handful of old-school collectors left that know him for what he is and what he did as the owner of Full Grid!!
Is that what got him voted into two different Hall of Fames? :lurk5:

What did he do....

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Is that what got him voted into two different Hall of Fames? :lurk5:

What did he do....
I don't care how many Halls of Fame he is voted into. 1) people have short memories, and 2) 99.99 percent of today's collectors were not around at the turn of the millennium when old Full Grid Freddy was pulling his shenanigans. I'm not going to rehash history here, but suffice it to say that people lost real money and he simply abandoned one business to start it up under a different name and location.

·
Super Moderator
23,633 Posts
I don't care how many Halls of Fame he is voted into. 1) people have short memories, and 2) 99.99 percent of today's collectors were not around at the turn of the millennium when old Full Grid Freddy was pulling his shenanigans. I'm not going to rehash history here, but suffice it to say that people lost real money and he simply abandoned one business to start it up under a different name and location.
Fair enough. I tried searching the original issues in the threads here, but they must have all been before people started posting here in 2004. :cheers2:

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Fair enough. I tried searching the original issues in the threads here, but they must have all been before people started posting here in 2004. :cheers2:
You are correct, it was Pre-HT. Also, I am sorry if I came across all gung-ho and harsh--I know people who were burned by Fred when Full Grid abruptly shuttered.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You can get into the Hall of Fame voting if you are connected. The votes by people who only see the surface and the numbers. That's it. What goes on behind the scenes is never put out there. There was another guy who asked for donations for his "sick" relative and after getting huge amounts of donations sold his website business. He got all the donation and business money and was elected to the Hall of Fame. And the beat goes on. La Da Da Da Da

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
I am sorry to hear this about Fred. I used to buy stuff from Full Grid and always got what I ordered. But that was a loooong time ago when it was a fairly new business.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts