Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got five I think. The red '67 GTX, yellow '71 Challenger, black Stude, '99 Cobra, black Chevelle. All mint in the tin, certs, blah blah. I paid twenty each for these years ago. Are they worth at least that today?

·
Registered
926 Posts
unsure, I think it depends on the day and diecast. watch e bay and see what they bring, but again that depends on the day too

I bought a mustang club car with tin etc from a big e bay dealer recently for like 7 dollars

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All but the GTX were bought as part of a renewal. The GTX came from Ebay. I did pay 20 bucks for that one and I was glad to get it and regardless of price. The only reason is that Mopar cars are what I like to collect. The more Hemi cars I have, the better!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
The red GTX is very nice and somewhat hard to find. They couldn't give the '99 Cobras away. The Challenger and the Chevelle have both sold in the $20-25 range. The Challenger seems to be a little more difficult to find...I've been looking for one for awhile now. :wave:

·
Registered
779 Posts
Does any diecast gain or even retain value?.
I think JL's day has yet to come,there are some real nice pieces that other companies won't attempt to do or if they do,can't get it right.
So I believe at some point their value will rise dramatically,they may never reach the level of original toppers or redline HW's but may come close.
One of the major reasons it will happen is strictly because of the production numbers.
Even some treasure hunts have runs of 50,000 or more,granted there are many more HW collectors worldwide that still is an awfully high number for a collectible.
Both JL and Greenlight will both,in the future be very sought after diecast but since I don't really care about value at this point,I'll just enjoy them for the works of art they are.Long after I'm gone and my cars are passed down,someone will reap the monetary rewards and someone will get one hell of a diecast collection but until then I love this hobby and will continue to buy what I like.

It started on christmas of 1968 with 4 hot wheels and has grown to just under 10,000 pieces today and back then it was spectraflame redlines but today JL has taken over top spot,from 1996-2007 my jl addiction has only gotten stronger.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hear you about the TH cars. I bought a mini for .99 at Wal-Greens and sold it the next day for 20.00. I still have a TH '50 Mercury or whatever MOC that is only worth what I paid for it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts