Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i have some Q's for thoes of u that run outlaw cars on the oval what is the best motor to run in the .12 and .15 is the .18's worth getting i am thinking of getting a rossie bigblock .15 to run this car i am running foums on it thanks

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maverick Racing
no do u grove yours?? i am new to the dirt oval ... i usley run off road and do u have a pic of a groved foam???

·
Banned
1,279 Posts
BOWTIE1 said:
Maverick Racing
no do u grove yours?? i am new to the dirt oval ... i usley run off road and do u have a pic of a groved foam???
Ive never ran foams on dirt before, thats why I was asking.

About the Big block motors, the .15 Rossi motors are probably faster than all of the .18 motors. How big is your budget?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmmmmmnot too big i am trying to do this on a budget yea i was thinking about the bigblock .15 bt nova i dont know how much it is .. i am looking for 1 i also have a sweet 21 to trade for a bigblock .15 hehe what r u running on the oval?

·
Registered
49 Posts
as for motor...stick with the rossi based .12's ...they put out plenty of power and are legal at any track.

i run an rb, but the mugen engines are good as well.

craig

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey
dirtoval.com
i have not run it yet trying to get it set up there is a trace in wetherford,Tx that run oval with a 240ft drive line
i am going to run in the outlaw class i am going to run a picco integra
also i am running on foam's with a MT12 in it i cant fine noone to help me set the car for dirt tho :( so i am going to my best to set it up this is my first on-road car so i am verry new to it :D
thanks

·
Registered
90 Posts
if you havent run on the track with your new car yet, your best bet would be to go ahead and run on it and see what the car needs. its gonna be tough for anyone to help you set up your car online, because all tracks are different. I would just get some different sets of springs, some traction compound, your tools and some fuel and head out there one day and get it dirty. You can always ask someone on that track to help. the fast guys normally like to help the new guys, for awhile. And when you get back, post what you found out cuz I might run at weatherford some saturday night too.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
jasonthehunted
what r u running???
yea i know i cant get it set up on line but atleast help with what is the softest sprind for 1/10 scal on-road cars??? that is all i need for now....the reasti think i got hehehe but not sure have u ever ran at weatherford????? i have never been there i would like to tho i just got new motor and going to break it in this next week and get my body's ready also :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Im running gas truck with an EDM body and a OS .12cv-r, or was, Im trying to get paved oval goin over here in garland, so Im workin on my electric pancars now. Too hard to race dirt oval becasue they race on friday nights and I work til 8pm fridays. I may check out weatherford one weekend, its only about 1 1/2 hours from me if that much

1 - 20 of 80 Posts