Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how does everyone display their HW's?
I've seen a few pictures where they were in
plastic cases and the cars fit into slots, where can you get the cases like this?

·
Registered
7,306 Posts
when u say "cars fit into slots"

are you talking about loose cars, or the cars still in package?

I have seen both... the clear plastic loose car displays and the 'boards' with the slots where u slide the HW's in package and display them on a board

·
Registered
781 Posts
this guy seems to have the best prices, but I have't bought one from him yet to see what it looks like in person...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380108925792&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
I have two of these. I had posted a pictures somewhere on here that shows it full of mustangs. They are actually very nice.

Found it for you. The plexiglass slides out either side. I do have a couple of other ones that seem to be a little heavier duty, but these look good and function well. Plus you could stain them to whatever color you like.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I have a total of 5 cases and a huge wall display that holda about 180 cars. I am in the process of getting them all hung up and filled with cars this week. Hope to have some pics this weekend.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
These cases hold 48 cars, but they are 2 sided and hold 24 on each side, so they are more for storage than displaying.

They are available at Walmart I think they are now $6 each. You can order then direct from Plano by the case of 6 as well.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Plus you could stain them to whatever color you like.
Sounds great.

Just a little reminder though, for those that may not know. The stains can react with the plastic wheels...*especially* the soft "rubber" real riders. Probably better to have the wheels sit on raw wood to protect them.

I have a higher dollar real rider Porsche that I liberated and set on a stained wooden shelf, that is probably as old as I am (it belonged to my Grandfather), and the tires "melted" off the rims.

Just a little something to keep in mind.

Cheers. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts