Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
I've got a custom made wood cabinet for mine. It features 13 shelves. I't is truly a work of art and is proper for my JL's. I open them all and keep them in the trays thay you get in the Hot Wheels "soft" cases. There is room on the sides so I can store five 12 car trays or I can have felt and bracekts to hold them. It will hold 60+ cars per level. I've filled one and I'm begging the builder to make one more. Email [email protected] for picts. If there is a demand to see them I'll put it on my website.

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Nice Rob. My display cases are not as nice as those. Mine are all corrugated boxes that have no openings in them that allow you to view your collection. I think I like your idea better. Someday I'll figure out a way to display at least part of what I have.

·
Silent but Deadly
4,359 Posts
Nice displays! Hey, I see a little itty-bitty tiny four-car case in there that looks familiar!

;)

I just wrapped up recasing 17 WL's in matching wood two-side cases, so now they all match each other. I need to get some updated pictures...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
owl said:
Nice displays! Hey, I see a little itty-bitty tiny four-car case in there that looks familiar!

;)

Yep,

I use that pretty little case as a rotating display, this week loose WL's last week HW Spoilers, before that Topper Ferraris....... its a nice way to show off a variety of cars..... got it from this realy nice guy!!!! :wave:

·
Silent but Deadly
4,359 Posts
I have a pair in my room just like it! (from same nice guy) I use them for chrome cars, for now, but eventually I'll refresh 'em with something else. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
As they fill up, I'll try to take more pictures of the individual cases.... mirror back cases are a pain to get a good picture of.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Very cool displays you have there - nice collection too!! I love that "Car Show" display idea.

I am gradually in the process of "refining" my displays. Many of my cars are cluttered up on the shelves right for lack of good display case. It all displays so much better when it gets thinned out.

Phil.

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Same here with the little red X's. They look nice though.
I just found out yesterday that a guy in my company makes display cases. I heard they were nice but kinda pricey, but that was for 1:24 scale. Gonna look him up and see what happens. I dont normally open mine but I have been on some of the new releases. And I sometimes buy two of what I like just to have one to "play with".

1 - 20 of 27 Posts