Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My collection has outgrown the inexpensive "48 car garage" cases. I am looking at display cases from:
Have any of you purchased from these sellers?

Any recommendations? (even from other sellers)

I would love to round up 20 to 30 more RC2 "Stackers" for a smaller display, but they seem to have been discontinued....

·
Registered
318 Posts
I just ordered one of the 108 car Giovanni cases and with all the pics you guys posted, I think I will be more than happy with it.

I will post pics once I get it and fill it!:)

Phil

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
The thing about magic boxes is that you can put them in any configuration. This is a set of matchbox across america cars that I put above a closet. Each individual display is 5 high and only 1 car wide. Put them in places that other displays won't fit. :)

·
Registered
474 Posts
POCKETWOCKET said:
have you managed to locate the BWF yet ?
i haven't seen an extra one down here yet, but i'm still keeping an eye out for you just in case
Actually yes I have, got one off of eBay for a reasonable price. Also got a lot of reasonably priced buses coming from Darly at 67 Diecast. But, I could use another one to go with my Black with Flames car collection. Will have pic's of that soon too. Looks like I need more display cases also. :)

Dominic

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I'm always looking at a larger display case than the 70-car mirrored-back display case I currently have. I just think they're RIDICULOUSLY expensive, then tack on SHIPPING on top of that. I've decided I'm just going to try to make my own. I've looked at materials at Home Depot and I'm ready to begin work on it. I'll post the results when I'm done.

- Joe J.
www.hollywood-diecast.com

·
Banned
8,979 Posts
jage1966 said:
I'm always looking at a larger display case than the 70-car mirrored-back display case I currently have. I just think they're RIDICULOUSLY expensive, then tack on SHIPPING on top of that. I've decided I'm just going to try to make my own. I've looked at materials at Home Depot and I'm ready to begin work on it. I'll post the results when I'm done.

- Joe J.
www.hollywood-diecast.com
Right On Jage1966!, I'm interested in the outcome :thumbsup:

·
Registered
227 Posts
I haven't bought any as yet, but for what it's worth, I like both the Giovanni and the Magic box for dif reasons. If my math is correct(so don't bash the [email protected] outta me if it ain't, lol), the Giovanni works out cheaper per car displayed, and I do like the mirror backing. The Magic Box is more versatile, which to me, kind of makes them break even. JMT on the subject ;) .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts