Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately I have been considering getting a 108 car display case to house my favorite GM/Ford/Etc. cars. I was doing some research today on the internet and found that nobody seems to make them with slots that are long enough to accomodate some of the longer cars,so I think I might have to go with a case with straight shelves and no dividers. Does anyone own one like this? Do the shelves have a tendency to bow over time?

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,828 Posts
good question. I ws thinking I might have to go the same route with my Jada and JL winged Mopars.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
How about making one of your own?
When I was looking for a 100+ display case, I wasn't happy with anything out there, so I bought some stuff from Home Depot and made my own:

Ingredients:
2 acrylic sheets, one cut into 2-inch strips.
6 fake stone tiles with adhesive backs.
1 sheet of black poster board (to attach the tiles)
2 hinges (acrylic if you can find them)
and a whole lot of glue.

- Joe
www.hollywood-diecast.com

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok,I might have to pull the trigger on an undivided case once I have all the $$ together.

I bought two giovanni 30-car units a while back from a die-cast shop,and the slots are nice and long and can fit most anything I want,from a jada vw bus to a jl gremlin. But they must have discontinued that type,because the slots are smaller than what I have,at least according to their website.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have 2 of the 108 car cases and every JL I have fits in fine...including the bigger castings like the Superbirds and the '59 Cadillac Eldorados...they sit flat too...none of this angled stuff!!

I need to get some more cases!

·
Mustang Collector
4,090 Posts
I have also seen some cases that are wood not plastic that have dividers on the lower levels but the top 2 shelves are open.

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,828 Posts
I have the slanted Carney cases and the Superbirds and few other JL's will not fit. I wish someone made a case with slanted shelves and no dividers. I don't know if Carney does not because of sagging issues if shelf was slanted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.