Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All, In the past,I've bought foam tires from this company.Good service was in order.As of late has anyone had any trouble with them?? I placed an order on Monday the 4th,and haven't heard anything.I've tried emails,and searched for an address and phone number with no luck.If anyone knows how to get in contact with Discount R/C Tires,can you please forward the info.Thanks.
If anyone plans on placing an order,I might consider holding off.If/when I get this worked out,I'll post here.

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
so you placed an order without having a working email addy or phone number huh?

there has been alot of bad weather accross the us...maybe just maybe the weather got in the way?

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kat',Company has a "verified" status with paypal,they also accept credit card orders.I've sent about 3 e-mails to them
with no response.I was just at the paypal site with customer service,and located a phone #.
Just wanted to know if anyone has dealt with them and there experiances.
Mine have been fine in the past.I've ordered about 4 times before with no problems.Just gettin a little curious.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Their website shows normal shipping resumed on the 4th so it's probably just them playing catch up after the holidays. This time last year it took about 6 or 7 days for me.

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
da birds may be the issue...

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
I bought a batch of tires back in August and they had issues getting Jacos. They offered BSR's, but I waited for the Jacos. They eventually showed up. I would guess they are getting a lot of orders right now.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Guys,Thanks for the replies.I'll be calling them this morning and see whats up.
Located a phone # through paypal c.s.
Again,I've purchased a few times also,and no prob's.
As things don't happen as they're supposed to,(paid for) makes one curious.Inquiring only,not accusing or putting them down,just needing to know.Thanks again gents.

I may be wrong but I believe this is Josh Cyrul's company and i have used them in the past without issue.
Maybe Josh could post up a c.s. number for all if it's his company.Thanks

·
Registered
709 Posts
Hello everyone,

Adam is right that I don't own or operate Discount R/C Tires. My mother Cindy Cyrul does. Here's the story:

Back when I owned CEFX Raceway we had our hobby shop and online shop. Over the course of the years we found that what we sold (especially online) was primarily what companies I raced for and not so much other companies that we stocked in the store - For example our sales for Jaco were good but BSR and T.M. were not very good (reguardless of the price). With this I wondered if it was actually a popularity of the brand or just the association with me and my sponsors. CEFX Raceway was starting to struggle to make ends meet so I actually discussed the idea/concept of a seperate site to run this sort of sales/brand test to get a better idea of things with a few people to see if we could generate more sales with other companies rather than just being stuck in this cast position.

After a few months of no one else taking me up on the offer (use the CEFX Raceway inventory and make an on-line site) my mom decided to give it a try as she lost her job in the auto industry. From the initial set-up of things, I don't have any idea of the day/day runnings of the business (web site, pricing, orders, shipping) as it is all handled as a 100% seperate company. I do know that it has grown and she always takes care of it immediatly when she gets home from work each day.

We have tried to keep it a bit secret about the identity of the company again to preserve the seperation between myself and the sales of the business. It started out as a simple test but has grown to where a decient number of you out there rely on her for your tires. I truely hope that everyone out there isn't upset with us about this and can understand our reasoning. Of course we could have thrown the family name on it from the begining which probably would have generated more interest but that wasn't the idea. For those out there that purchase from Discount R/C Tires, I hope you will continue to order through her site as I know she does everything she can to get you the tires you want, at a good price with prompt customer service.

Respectfully,

Josh Cyrul

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Josh for the overview.Been a customer for quite awhile.Have always had good service from DRCT.I made my inquiry,and got the answers I was looking for.Thanks for your input.Best to Mom Cyrul!! ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts