Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am in the market for a new tray to bring the cells down to 0 volts.

I have used the Trinity Real Time 2 and the Integy Octane 2 (20 amp) tray.

Has anyone tried the Integy Zero-Thirty 030 Discharge Board 30A with 4 cell packs, if so how does it work and about how long does it take to get them down to 0 volts?

·
Registered
923 Posts
A tray brings down each cell individually and the bulbs bring them down as a pack.

J

·
0 Posts
That looks cool. At 30A discharge, better than Duratrax. Are they available yet. I might consider one. Thanx

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will do, Integy takes a while to ship things so I wont have it this week.
I will report back next month once I get to race and use it.

·
Premium Member
6,312 Posts
So far I really like the my novak tray. Does exactly what it's suppose to do. Will take each cell to zero if that's what you want to do.Doesn't have a high discharge amp load though if that's what you need.

RC

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
I really like my novak.Set wherever you want and it will shut off each cell individually right where you have it set. And don't have to worry about it. Best tray ive' owned.But it is Pricey though.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I ordered the same Integy tray the other day. I emailed Integy and was told this tray will work "great" with 4 cell packs. I'm also anxious to see if there is any difference discharging at 30A.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Will the Novak tray work with the batteries wired in any configuration or do they have to be wired with the +/- in a certain place?

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
No Need to buy a new tray.Take the indi octane, cut out the diodes,(not the resistors with the colored stripes), and just bridge the gap with something solid like a blob of solder.
I put all of my GP 3300's on a regular tray until ther lights go out, then onto the modified indi tray witch brings each cell down to .001V Just enough to not let them reverse. Then apply your dead short. I have been using this method for 3 years and still have packs that old that run and cycle awesome! I think this works better than the new trays and doesnt cost a dime. Try it youll like it.

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
BrentP said:
Let us know how they work Eric!

Tried the Zero 30 for the first time last night, its awesome.
No more little screws to tighten down onto each cell.
Literally it takes 2 seconds to flip the 2 big arms down, and voila the battery is discharging away.

It took approximately 35 minutes to get down to 0 volts.
After about 20 minutes it was down to .01 volts on the meter.
Gotta love that for fast deadshorting.

To keep things cool it has 2 built in fans which you can hook up to your power supply. The fans were a bit loud but they did there job you could really feel the air coming out of them.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts