Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started collecting last year. I looked at the Hotwheels museum and I was very impressed with what they had done so far from what I they were showing at the time.

2003 –

Custom 51 Mercury
Flying Customs Japan Rocket Oil
Snake vs. Mongoose Hall of Fame Two-Car Set
Purple Passion from Hot Wheels Collectors Nationals in Cincinnati.
Ed Watts Racing Team Set
Custom Mustang was the Club Car
67 Camaro from Hot Wheels Collectors Convention
The Hall of Fame Bus (I didn’t even know they existed until I saw this one.)

2004-

American Racing Classics – (They need to have another one of these series)

Mach 1
67 Camaro
70 Road Runner
Real Rider Drag Bus

2005 –

Charger
Rocket Oil Snake and Mongoose

2006 So I became a member.

The 20th collectors car were awesome
The Boneshaker express is one of my favorite
The Atlanta Boneshaker was awesome
The Japan Rocket Oils were awesome
They offered a rewards car which I got ZERO when I ordered cars, but that was the point. If you were guaranteed to get one then they would be a selections car……(Like they are now.)

I can only remember 2 castings from Real Riders and Neo Classics…The mustang, and the Green Camaro. I think all the others were Drag Buses.

2007- till now

VW as the club Car
ORANGE (WHO WANTS AN ORANGE DIECAST) VW Selections car
ORANGE VW Drag Bus (They are Running out of colors to paint these things...I can’t wait for Plaid and Oatmeal to be offered.)

I have to say the Selections Boneshaker looks cool, but other then that I think the club, the castings, and the site are dieing very quickly if they don’t turn things around.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
I have been an RLC member since the first year and I can say my purchases have been few and far between the last couple years. I am not sure if I'll keep my memberships going. This year I haven't even bothered trying to buy anything for sale yet and I'm not sure what it's going to take for me to buy something.

I couldn't even get excited about the drag bus offering and even though it sold out it doesn't look like it's been well received. With most offerings being avalable for sale for 25 to 50 percent off the $20 shipped it takes to buy them, why should people pay $30 to join a club to overpay for the offerings?

Many of the $4-$5 cars hanging in the aisles at the stores are somewhat comparable to the $20 shipped items as well, so save the money, resist the hype, and pass on the club.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I have not purchased a car yet this year but I will use my membership card to get the Sweet Pink Spectra RLC Party Car in Dearborn for $10.00 next Friday nigth. That's the main reason I joined this year. I also have the red stripe version of each year's club car and this was the first year I actually got the red stripe as my purchase instead of getting a blue stripe and trading or buying the red.
The rewards cars this do nothing for me so I don't care about the "points"
you earn when buying the cars. I will probably buy a few as there are usually some very sweet ones in the mix. The blue and green camaros from past
years are so sweet. I recently opened them both to display. I bet the club offerings will improve. It's still early yet.

Regards, DrDeal

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
My Avatar says it all.

My disapointment with Hot Wheels is that they are limiting only 2 batmobiles per case where I have seen photos on the web of as many as 40 at a time in places like Mexico.

The 1966 TV Batmobile is one of the most coveted cars from my generation and I'm having to try to beat scalpers who don't have normal jobs like the rest of us. Why does Hotwheels screw the country and the collectors who have the most fond memories of this car?

I emailed Hotwheels customer support 3 days ago and still haven't heard anything. I just may switch over to Matchbox cars from now on. They have some really good lines coming out now. Very detailed and, of course, better looking wheels.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
The same is true on treasure hunts as the Batmobiles. People finding up to 40 at a time and buying all of them. I don't think I need 40 of the same cars of anything. Then after posting their find and bragging what a pig they are, others are slapping them on the back on what a great find. If you speak against it you are a whiner. I could care less on the TH scene but I would like to find some Batmobiles which are just as hard to find.

And I also did not renew my RLC membership either. I got one rewards car out of 6 trys last year. Others got one with every purchase and 2 at a time on one sale. How random is that?

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
I didn't get any rewards cars last year nor did my friend who I ordered every car for times 2. One in six isn't so bad when the odds were far worse than that to actually get one.

As for the Batmobiles, I has seen cases that had 4 per case and others have had 3 per case. I have seen a dozen more in the past few weeks as they seem to have started to catch up with some of the demand.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
A good friend who was a mainline completist 2003-2006 and RLC member 2005 and 2006 had such a hard time finding 1/3 of o6 Mainlines that he has dropped RLC and mainlines and will focus on his 5 favourite castings only in future and enjoying his existing 1400 peices collection.The lack of a Dairy Delivery hunt (his favourite casting) was the last straw.He got me an RLC orange 69 Charger, which was the only must have release for me in his 2 years of membership of RLC

·
Registered
256 Posts
would it be possible for you guys to just trade the items over to me here in Philippines? i believe you would be making some collectors here very happy since we dont have that much access to those items...:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts