Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well i just received my first inner case of Pony Power Release 1 last week.
I purchased a inner case looking for a WL.
When I do not find any WL's. I use the cars for gifts for my son when he is good at school or just rewards. He picks the car he will get for a reward.
He was more excited then I when the new case arrived he had new cars to choose from.
The last few days have been under 30deg outside so he had a good chance of opening cars.
He want straight for the new case to choose what cars to work for. By the end of the weekend he earned 3 cars today we opened then.
Guess what not one of the three Javelins will roll. I opened all three. One of each of the others in the release will not roll.

To make up for it I let him into the secret box. He has to reach in and not look. That is where I keep my extra BWF and Corvettes his favorite .

I have been collecting JL for around 5 years most of my collection is Corvettes and BWF cars.
I have never had one issue with any of them.
I very disappointed in the quality of the collection under RC2 management.

Regards
Brian

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
eyecandy said:
I bought 2 of the new ones so far, a javelin and a VW eetle...both are very nice quality
The casting looks great But the axles are not secured so the cars will not roll.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I got a few of the newer release JL's over the weekend...no issues at all. Wheels all roll freely and no loose parts.

As a side note, I compared the new '59 Cadillac Convertible to one of the older releases and the overall quality is the same.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
crash1mac said:
Guess what not one of the three Javelins will roll. I opened all three. One of each of the others in the release will not roll.

To make up for it I let him into the secret box. He has to reach in and not look. That is where I keep my extra BWF and Corvettes his favorite .
That's pretty bad, and especially disappointing for your son, who probably just wanted to play with a neat looking car. I've had alot (but still a small percentage) that don't roll or else roll on three wheels. I'm not sure why it's such an issue - MB and HW always seem to roll correctly. In fact before I started buying JL, I never had a diecast that didn't roll correctly. None were as detailed as JL's, but that shouldn't be a tradeoff.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I haven't been commenting on the new wheels since I haven't opened many, but this Saturday I opened five new JLs to race at the local HW races and of the five, only two rolled, and one of those didn't have all the wheels touching the ground. One car in particular, the new Camaro vert, had such a mis-shapen wheel that it locked up hhalf waydown the track and slid to a halt barely past the finish line. I got demolished by a very slow HW car. I love some of the detail on the new cars, but they just aren't racers anymore. The best JL wheels for racing seem to be about 3 - 4 years ago. I've had the best success with that vintage, but I've NEVER had a JL wheel lock up like that before. I hope they get the issue sorted out or I will just have to buy older castings for racing.

1up

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Macs Little cars to the rescue. After speaking with Rob via PM.
I explained the situation.
My son is 8 and is slightly Autistic, when you find a reward system that works you stick with it. Rob is now sending a package via priority mail for my son to open tomorrow, What a great vendor!!!!!!!
Thanks Rob Clayton will be thrilled when he gets home from school tomorrow.

Thank you
Brian

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just told my son he will have a package here to open tomorrow.
He is excited I will leave it on doorstep so he can grab it on when the bus drops him off tomorrow. School was canceled today so he got to open two older series cars he is now sitting on his floor with about 100 cars playing.

·
Registered
100 Posts
crash1mac said:
Macs Little cars to the rescue. After speaking with Rob via PM.
I explained the situation.
My son is 8 and is slightly Autistic, when you find a reward system that works you stick with it. Rob is now sending a package via priority mail for my son to open tomorrow, What a great vendor!!!!!!!
Thanks Rob Clayton will be thrilled when he gets home from school tomorrow.

Thank you
Brian

That is too cool. REALLY great geasture.

Now about the quality. I opened the Camaro vert I found last night from the Pony Power and the wheels are so jacked it doesn't sit on all four. Can't see how to bend it to make it sit right either. Tsk, tsk.

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
sometimes the wheels will stick to the inner fenders. just use a small screw driver and pull down easy. you dont want to bend the axles. i have also used a tooth pick the round ones. this way you can run it around the fender wall with out damaging the paint
hope this works for you. later gunn

·
Old School Dinosaur
2,130 Posts
As I've said before, we have some of the best people here at HT.
Brian, I had this same problem with just one new JL release. It seems that some of the bases are getting through with the axle crimped on one side only. Mine was the JL Retro release of the 69 Torino Talladega and the left rear wasnt crimped to the chassis. in fact it seemed that the area where the axle was to sit was too tight for it on the left side so it would not sit in there properly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts