Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
Thanks for the blast from the past Dave! I turned this up to "11" and reaquainted my hammer, anvil and stirrup with a little thing known as hearing damage.

Before spandex girlie bands, before digitized synthesize, before the wanna be flannel guys...there were three chords. Nobody pounded them directly into yer skull better.

I'd seen AC/DC a handful of times by the time I was 18. The first time, I saw them as a warmup band and they blew out the headliners (who shall remain nameless). Angry fans whipped to a frenzy tore the Seattle Collesium apart.

Later that night I tossed my seat cushion into Puget Sound on the Ferry ride home.

In retrospect...some innocent whale probably choked on it. :drunk:

·
Crazed Painter
7,230 Posts
Hey Fletcher come here...

Dave,

AC/DC ROCKS!!

Bill Choked a Whale...:lol:

Unlike Bill I have never seen a LIVE AC/DC concert but, wish I had...Dang it. Early this summer my friend Dan & I did see a band (don't remember the name but, Hilltop probably does) at a the Chromed Bar in Omaha that sounds just like AC/DC and came to town a week before the real deal AC/D concert. That was a blast and closed the place down...Rock -n- Roll baby!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I did get to see George Waters and a Fantastic group of singers do a PINK FLOYD concert this year and that was Far Out! :)

Bob...Fletcher was rocking out with me just now ( he cranks up his stereo all the time *that's my boy! )...zilla

·
Geico ad . . . Offensive?
6,708 Posts
Seeing an AC/DC concert is definitely on my bucket list. I saw KISS this summer so I can cross that one off :thumbsup:

·
Registered
602 Posts
I saw Bon and the boys twice.
If somebody tells you they saw ACDC and you ask them what they remember about it, and they say anything other than the sound.......they're bullsh*tting you. They are the loudest band I've ever seen. Louder than:
The Who
Metallica
Preist
Pantera
Rob Zombie
Ozzy
Godsmack
Slayer
Black Label Society
to name a few

The only ones who come close are Motorhead.

If you get a chance to go, you should, they're about ready to call it I think.

Rock and Roll ain't noise pollution.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
AC/DC rules! You can always count on them to rock, no matter how old they get! Mad Max fans should know that the Night Rider was reciting AC/DC lyrics while he was on his rampage.

As to AC/DC being loud, Ive only ever seen them at Beale St music fest which is outdoors. But Dinosaur Jr will absolutely crush your skull into oblivion with theyre volume. Theyre music isnt so much 'heavy', but they play LOUD. A lot of it has to do with the small venues they play.

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Yeah!!!

"Highway To Hell" was the very first LP I bought (must have been in 1979).

Remember lying in bed frustratedly staring to the poster on the wall above me the night they played in Nuremburg. Have to agree today (looking over to my 11-year-old son right now...) that this definitely wouldn´t have been the right place for a 12-year-old! :rolleyes:

I still love AC/DC - one of the best bands ever!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Claus

·
Registered
299 Posts
Let there be rock

After reading a ravishing review of "let there be rock" in my fav rock mag in 77 I ecieded to give it a go. I went to my personal record dealer and ordered him to put it on the turntable. Headphones on and off we went. I went through the songs and after the title track my image of the rock world was completly and utterly changed. No more prog rock and that kind. And how did I grief when Bon died. But they made a wise choice in choosing Brian. I really liked him with his previous outfit Geordie. Unfortunately I never managed to see AC/DC live. Although I still love them today I wouldn't bother to go to one of their shows as they are only playing stadium venues and I hate this kind of concerts.

Talking about small venues and bands I always wanted to see. A few months ago I had the chance to see the New York Dolls after 35 years of waiting and it was grand. Worth waiting after all those years. And on Dec 12th I am going to see Ace Frehley solo in that same small club. And the best thing is that the place is in spitting distance (400m) from home.

BTL the loudest band I ever had the joy of listening to was Ted Nugent in 77.
Gee, that was loud and I have seen most of the top whacks in my time.

The only band I still crave to see but only in their original line up would be Slade.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Man, I am so old the first concert I went to was a twin bill with "The Ides Of March"(big hits were 'Vehicle' and 'La, Goodbye') and "Crow" (their big hit was 'Evil Woman'). I was 15, the date was in Feb., 1970. The best part of the show was when they both came back out onto the stage to play an oncore together consisting of a medley of Chicago and Blood, Sweat, and Tears hits. It was AWESOME! But, the BEST part of the show was the ride home!!! Let's just say I went with two girls who were sisters(16 and 14) and sat between them on the console in a 1966 Mustang........maybe that's why I drive a Mustang today???? LOL!!!!
I saw Tommy Roe that summer in Canada while on vacation, that was pretty cool, the girls were going NUTS over him! Other highlights were seeing "Rush" on the 'Roll The Bones' tour and Bruce Springsteen(unbelievably FANTASIC, a show that blew me away) back about 10 years ago in Raleigh, NC.
And foxkilo mentioned Slade, man that brought back some Eighties memories...."Run, Run Away", "My, Oh My", and "Keep Your Hands Off My Power Supply"(Title track to their 1984 album)

Bob Weichbrodt
Rawafx (Old Geezer)
W-S, NC

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Rush, now there's a band thats a classic example of hitting a number of good albums and then going downhill. I loved their stuff thru the 70s, but once they discovered the synthesizer it all went to pot, IMHO. Tom Sawyer integrated it pretty well but anything after that had little to no guitar or bass and thats a BIG no-no when it comes to rock of any kind. Its even more of a travesty when you consider that Rush was one of the founding fathers of metal.

·
Registered
328 Posts
bands

All of those bands rock you cant go wrong with any of them! last week i saw ace frehley and his new band man does he still rock that guitar ! he played all the songs he wrote for kiss and alot of his new album which is called Anomaly.

CHECK OUT THE 3 MINUTE SOLO THAT STARTS AT 3.40

1 - 15 of 15 Posts