Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I received 4 of the Dukes dirty General Lees. Cool car, but I noticed each one is dirty differently, in different places. They all had the dirty rear side panels, but it appears from the ones I have, that they can also have combinations of these: a clean front side fender or a dirty one, some dirt on the doors or not so much, a totally clean hood or a dirty one. I just thought that was unique.
One thing I liked was that the front windshield was dirty too, except where the windshield wipers wiped off the dirt, it was clean, as you would expect. A cool touch! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
AQUA XK8 said:
Today I received 4 of the Dukes dirty General Lees. Cool car, but I noticed each one is dirty differently, in different places. They all had the dirty rear side panels, but it appears from the ones I have, that they can also have combinations of these: a clean front side fender or a dirty one, some dirt on the doors or not so much, a totally clean hood or a dirty one. I just thought that was unique.
One thing I liked was that the front windshield was dirty too, except where the windshield wipers wiped off the dirt, it was clean, as you would expect. A cool touch! :thumbsup:
Wow - cool variations. Was the windshield dirty on all of them? I'd like to see one of those.

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
I received two today and noticed that both were dirty in different spots as well. Makes you wonder the process that was used to dirty the cars(if done by assembly machine or by hand).

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wonder how the Duke boys managed to get the hood so dirty. The front fenders are much cleaner than the hood. An engine fire comes to mind. I would prefer to see an even blend of dirt around the front of the car.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
on a same but different note, i was looking at the Dirt Truck McQueen sunday and noticed the same thing with the dirt, 2 different cars and its 'dirt' goes higher on one car than the other. (ie one had dirt on the rear spoiler, one didnt)

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
AQUA XK8 said:
I wonder how the Duke boys managed to get the hood so dirty. The front fenders are much cleaner than the hood. An engine fire comes to mind. I would prefer to see an even blend of dirt around the front of the car.

I wonder how they kept it dirty too....wasn't that Luke who was always sliding across the hood?!! He should kept it clean! :lol: Nice car....got to get me one of those.

---Matty (mattywhelz)

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
mattywhelz said:
I wonder how they kept it dirty too....wasn't that Luke who was always sliding across the hood?!! He should kept it clean! :lol: Nice car....got to get me one of those.

---Matty (mattywhelz)
Yeah - there should at least be pants streaks across the hood!!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
AQUA XK8 said:
Light 'er up... :wave:

·
Registered
7,279 Posts
don't forget this one, you can really see the wiper tracks... is this how the windshield is on the General Lee? Cant see it in the above pics....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts