Hobbyist Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 3943 Posts

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perhaps a new thread is a good idea, so let us continue here.

Nick

·
Registered
940 Posts
Cheese, dont get an s-10 extreme they really suck, especially since the one you were lookin at was the four banger one. i have a friend who just sold his because it was slower than a civic and it was so low to the ground that it was worthless as a truck, you should just get a normal s-10

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
sean cant drive said:
Cheese, dont get an s-10 extreme they really suck, especially since the one you were lookin at was the four banger one. i have a friend who just sold his because it was slower than a civic and it was so low to the ground that it was worthless as a truck, you should just get a normal s-10
100% true.... as i had said... its a "cauck" (pronounced KAWK)... GHEY in every way.... make up your mind wether you want a truck or a car....

-Tone

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
eviltone said:
100% true.... as i had said... its a "cauck" (pronounced KAWK)... GHEY in every way.... make up your mind wether you want a truck or a car....

-Tone
Thats not entirely fair, I mean, just look at the SSR <wipes drool from mouth>

Nick

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
nicwald said:
Thats not entirely fair, I mean, just look at the SSR <wipes drool from mouth>

Nick
SSR??? what is that??? Linkage would be NICE..... i mean Nick.... is like if i got a ford F-150 SVT.... forget that.. whats the use....

-Tone

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
eviltone said:
SSR??? what is that??? Linkage would be NICE..... i mean Nick.... is like if i got a ford F-150 SVT.... forget that.. whats the use....

-Tone
Chevy SSR, 30/40's style pickup body, convertable with top mechanically stored between bed and cab, and not to mention the vette engine in it. Check out the Chevy Site.

Nick

www.chevrolet.com

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
nicwald said:
Chevy SSR, 30/40's style pickup body, convertable with top mechanically stored between bed and cab, and not to mention the vette engine in it. Check out the Chevy Site.

Nick

www.chevrolet.com
DERRRRRR... the Stupid Suckworthy Retardo-mobile.... its not practical.... but on another note... the Tmaxx Body that was created in its likeness is NICE... i forgot about that car.... Motor Trend gave it p00pie reviews.....

-Tone

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
eviltone said:
DERRRRRR... the Stupid Suckworthy Retardo-mobile.... its not practical.... but on another note... the Tmaxx Body that was created in its likeness is NICE... i forgot about that car.... Motor Trend gave it p00pie reviews.....

-Tone
Its not supposed to be practical, just fast and neat.

In that case I give motor trend a p00pie review!

Nick

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
nicwald said:
Its not supposed to be practical, just fast and neat.

In that case I give motor trend a p00pie review!

Nick
i'll give it a 8 on the coolness factor tho.... but yah... i didnt like it... sowwy...

this feels all wierd with a new thread..... gosh.... :eek: :eek:

-Tone

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's a question, should I simply buy a new 2.5 traxxas engine and the conversion kit for my Tmaxx, or should I just buy a sportmaxx and transfer over my goodies?

Engine: $130
Mounting Kit: $42
Sport Maxx: $310
REVO: $500

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
nicwald said:
Here's a question, should I simply buy a new 2.5 traxxas engine and the conversion kit for my Tmaxx, or should I just buy a sportmaxx and transfer over my goodies?

Engine: $130
Mounting Kit: $42
Sport Maxx: $310
REVO: $500
Goood question, Nick.... did you put the widemaxx suspension on your old Tmaxx??? also... does your old one have 2 gears?? its a good discussion... mebbe just wait for the revo? well.. i guess it all depends on what you wanna do... you could just get a os cv-rx for it... and not change a thing, or a fantom .12 or .15.... its all relative.... i suppose....where do u think you're headed with it? i mean how much in upgrades have you done to it as well?

i wanna go see Lou and put myself on the list for a Revo...... i'd prolly just play with the revo to start...

·
Registered
940 Posts
Nick, if i were you i would prolly just wait and get the revo, as awesome as the t-maxx is the revo looks incredible.

about the ssr it looks pretty ugly and prolly handles like trash. but the corvette ls6 motor is just plain sweet. So i guess i cant badmouth it

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
eviltone said:
Goood question, Nick.... did you put the widemaxx suspension on your old Tmaxx??? also... does your old one have 2 gears?? its a good discussion... mebbe just wait for the revo? well.. i guess it all depends on what you wanna do... you could just get a os cv-rx for it... and not change a thing, or a fantom .12 or .15.... its all relative.... i suppose....where do u think you're headed with it? i mean how much in upgrades have you done to it as well?

i wanna go see Lou and put myself on the list for a Revo...... i'd prolly just play with the revo to start...
Yeah, I have the proline widening kit, ball bearings everywhere (I guess that means I just put them in the steering), no reverse, top threaded body shocks (Integy, I think is top), aluminum blkdh braces, old differentials, aluminum skids, aluminum tuned traxxas pipe....

It always ran so well....I don't know what to do...

I don't think I want to go the OS route again, I've had 2 through my truck already, I was thinking about the fantom .15, but they're pretty expensive, anywhere from 140-170 (online atleast), and everywhere is out of them.

I don't know.....

Nick

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
nicwald said:
Yeah, I have the proline widening kit, ball bearings everywhere (I guess that means I just put them in the steering), no reverse, top threaded body shocks (Integy, I think is top), aluminum blkdh braces, old differentials, aluminum skids, aluminum tuned traxxas pipe....

It always ran so well....I don't know what to do...

I don't think I want to go the OS route again, I've had 2 through my truck already, I was thinking about the fantom .15, but they're pretty expensive, anywhere from 140-170 (online atleast), and everywhere is out of them.

I don't know.....

Nick
hmm.... i guess you'd go the new traxxas 2.5 method then... BUT you'd need a new pipe header... i'd give you my old stock one if the engine didnt come w/ it... oh well... i wouldnt know what to do in your situation either....
-Tone

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
eviltone said:
hmm.... i guess you'd go the new traxxas 2.5 method then... BUT you'd need a new pipe header... i'd give you my old stock one if the engine didnt come w/ it... oh well... i wouldnt know what to do in your situation either....
-Tone
It is included in the engine conversion kit for the 2.5

Nick

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDAJ7&P=M

·
Registered
417 Posts
kawk, cauk. where are you guys from Boston??? :p I have to watch what i say. I just landed a new job and will be up near boston for 3 months

Mike C. You got to Chill out on the track and on here. I got booted twice on sunday, but i didnt say anything. Once was by you, after you were done, and i was tring to finish my lap up. I dont remember if you even gave me the ohh sorry line. I also think that might have been the 3 seconds that i missed qualifiying 3rd in the main by. Then i got booted with in a second of the horn going off in the main, so i started half a lap down. :freak:

·
Registered
417 Posts
eviltone said:

-Tone

BLAH BLAH BLAH. the truck might be slower than a civic, but look at the weight. I had an s-10 with the ZQ 8 suspension in it, and i could out handle a civic any day of the week. Kinda like on the track, doesnt matter how much HP you got, if you cant put it to the ground in the corner, whats the point??

1 - 20 of 3943 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.