Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
It is in the future. One of the tasks the oval committee will be concentrating in 2005 will be dirt oval. I have feelers out to see what we can do locally and nationally.

Feel free to send me any ideas.

Kenny B

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kenny I would recomemed getting in touch with Mr. Moody at Monee. They have a couple of big races there. With Nitro and Ele. It would be cool to see it be like it used to be. I can remember the region 6 DO races.. Was nothing to have 300 guys going round in the dirt.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Wonder how ROAR will deal with 14 classes of Dirt Oval? Stock Buggies, Mod Buggies, Stock Trucks, Mod Trucks, Gas Buggies, Gas Trucks, Stock Winged Sprints, Mod Winged Sprints, Gas Winged Sprints, Stock Non-Winged Sprints, Mod Winged Sprints, Gas non-winged Sprints, East Coast Modifieds, electric and gas. There ain't enough Ex-Com committee's to deal with this. Not being critical, but if ROAR had a hard time dealing with a 19 T class,this one will be a hum dinger!!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rickity Racer said:
Wonder how ROAR will deal with 14 classes of Dirt Oval? Stock Buggies, Mod Buggies, Stock Trucks, Mod Trucks, Gas Buggies, Gas Trucks, Stock Winged Sprints, Mod Winged Sprints, Gas Winged Sprints, Stock Non-Winged Sprints, Mod Winged Sprints, Gas non-winged Sprints, East Coast Modifieds, electric and gas. There ain't enough Ex-Com committee's to deal with this. Not being critical, but if ROAR had a hard time dealing with a 19 T class,this one will be a hum dinger!!

I quess you dont do dirt.
Main classes

2 Wheel stock, most places this is the EDM's
2 Wheel Mod, Can be either Late model or EDM
Truck Either or
Sprint Mod or Stock, never seen them with out wings.

Gas is about the same

I fiqure there are less for Dirt then there are Carpet. You have 4 cell stock and mod, 6 cell stock and mod, TC's stock, mod, 19t, and then a whole class of 19t. Not couting the spec classes or the micro's and so on.

Most of the tracks I run DO its;
EDM stock
Truck mod
Sprint Mod

The only problem ROAR would have is to show the DO world they care. Custom Works is going to be making a KILLER come back with DO. Be ready.

·
Registered
657 Posts
the only thing roar woul need to do make this easier would be to sanction the classes they want. don't worry about 20 classes. get the biggest classes that have factory backing, and help them out with a rule package.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Godd place to start to get the pulse of the dirt oval guys when dealing with ROAR is to visit dirtoval.com

Bring your thick skin. I tried to make in roads last year in Region 1 since it is about half of the racing in the area.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, 2004 is almost over. Any Dirt Oval updates?

Kenny, IN now has 2 dirt oval tracks. Were growing again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts