Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to do alot of dirt/carpet oval racing in NJ/PA and was wondering if there are any tracks left in the area? If so, were is a good place to go? I would love to build up an old RC-10 and get back into it. Or is the old RC-10 a dead platfrom to build an oval car? Any suggestions would be much appreciated!! :)

Jake

·
Registered
993 Posts
the old rc10 is just like you said... old.

you ought to see the chassis' out there nowdays, they are works of art with new battery locations and better locatons for suspension set up's, wich make em handle better than the cars of yesteryear.

i'll try and post a couple pics soon

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked out Kranzel terminator. I remember a couple of guys i raced with had them. Are they still a competative chassis?

·
Registered
688 Posts
They are supposed to have a dirt oval again at Trains & Lanes this year. If you want more info on dirt oval racing, check out the dirtoval.com forums. There is a ton more info there than there is here.

·
Registered
964 Posts
This is a new track at t&l at the other end of the building. the track is clay. The track was put in at the end of last season so it is very new. Not sure on what classes or what tires they are using but I would think foams would be the tire of choice.

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
Dirtrunner's RC car club holds races every other weekend (approximately) on Sundays at a track in Jefferson, NJ. They have lots of oval classes and have an off-road track inside the oval. The web site is:

www.dirtrunners.com

1 - 10 of 10 Posts