Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Good luck with your new track....my wifes Grandparents lived in Linton and i have many fond memories of times we had there.

·
Registered
7,168 Posts
The website says 110'. Is that end to end, down a straight, or what. The run line at our dirt tri oval is 215'. This way I would be able to compare. Thanks.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe that is the straights. It is very big track with an off road inthe middle.

The website says 110'. Is that end to end, down a straight, or what. The run line at our dirt tri oval is 215'. This way I would be able to compare. Thanks.

·
Registered
121 Posts
what classes are there? truck, lm, edm, slider, slider 1/10 etc....
what kind of tires? rubber, foam, open
whats the easiest way to get there from indy? got to ask because google map doesn't always take the easiest way

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what classes are there? truck, lm, edm, slider, slider 1/10 etc....
whats the easiest way to get there from indy? got to ask because google map doesn't always take the easiest way
I am goign to bring a 1/10th slider but other than that I do nto know. Sicne this is the first week they are wanting to get anything they can. 3 cars make a class and I am not sure if they know what to expect will show up.

Bob

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
whats the easiest way to get there from indy? got to ask because google map doesn't always take the easiest way[/QUOTE]

It is sticky clay but I think they are allowing any tire since they also run buggies onthe offroad.

The best way from Indy is take 70 to Brazil then get on 59 and take it all the way to Linton.

BOb

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This coming Sunday will be electric again at Hoosier Hobbies onthe big dirt oval. Last time we had 1/10th sliders, 1/10 late models, and modified mini late models. Hope to se a great turn out this weekend.

Bob

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
What are the rules for your Late Models? I'm assuming that you are talking about the 2WD LM's and not the 4WD touring car based LM's we run up here in Michigan

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Track Measurements

They measured the runline on the track and it is 230 ft of hard clay! Come on out this sunday and run on the largest indoor dirt oval around. They have tons of pit area and a full service hobby shop onsite.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Had a decent turnout yesterday. Only ran mini late model modifieds and 1/10th slider. Track was real sticky and fast. Theya re goign to start racing electric every Sunday at 1:00

Bob

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Looking around

Hey I am in the market for a Custom Works or a Dynatech LM so if anyone knows who has a nice well taken care of car that they might sell, give me a ring. I am probably going all dirt now since I only have an F103 for the carpet.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I guess last week they ran both electric and gas on the big dirt oval. Tony siad they ahd 6 1/8 gas late models show up along with the electric guys.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I can't make it this weekend but I put an aluminum idler gear in my slider tranny today (Hitting the off road jump with a slider is hard on plastic gears)and hope to be there in a few weeks.:)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts