Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1963 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one up for dirt oval in West Michigan?
Proscale R/C Raceplex is the place.
Located 3 mi. east of the Lakes Mall at 4405 E. Sternberg RD
Fruitport, MI 49415

The track is a baby smooth clay oval, 220' racing line and slightly banked.
The drivers stand is 7' high and we have the AMB R/C system this year for scoring. We ran a Trophy race under the lights that turned out awsome and will be doing more of that!

The classes that we have been running are 1/10 scale,
Nitro Stadium Truck
Nitro Sprint car
Nitro 4 wheel drive Outlaw Late Model (the most popular at this time)

I will be posting race dates and pics soon!

Duke Bradshaw,
Proscale R/C.

·
Premium Member
8,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kevin,
Not only is he still kickin... he is the Man to beat, period!!! I don't know anyone who can beat him on the oval and one of the best guys you could ever race with.

Duke

·
Premium Member
8,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes!!! please do! Feel free. I's under snow now but you can get the idea on the size and shape. This oval is sweet. Nothing more fun than oval racing period!!!

Duke.

·
Registered
729 Posts
What chassis are you guys running there? I am thinking about buying one to race there. I was out there once during the summer, I ran my LST2 on the off road track, and saw the dirt oval and thought it looked fun. I do have a XXX-NT that I could convert but where do I get the parts or a good car? I would be willing to buy a used one if the price is right.

·
Premium Member
8,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A xxx-nt will work great on the oval, some adjustments to the shocks, maybe a spring change and a taped pair of Proline or Losi step pins rear tires is all you need. We have about 7 guys running Nitro Truck Oval and are looking for more. It is a hoot running on the oval, nothing like it!!! Our largest class on the oval is 4WD Outlaw Late Model, we take Associated NTC3'3 shaft drive on road cars, make a spring change, some minor adjustments, foam tires and add one Late Model body from McAllister (which are sweet by the way) put what we call a fence down the left side of the car and hang on!

I have several NTC3's for sale, (new or used) several bodys and parts to get you up and going on the dirt. The NTC3's are bullit proof, are a blast to drive and do not cost alot to get into.

Give me a call If you want to talk in more detail. Cell 750-1181. After 4pm.

Thanks,
Duke.

·
Premium Member
8,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Randy Erb,
Would you like to add anything that I might have left out.

To All:
Randy is our Resident Dirt Oval Expert, the guy we go to for help in getting the cars to hook up better and the guy we are all trying to beat!

Duke.

·
Registered
729 Posts
What are you allowing on the trucks? Can I run oval shock towers? What bodies could I run? Aer foam tires allowed? What can't I run?

·
Premium Member
8,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
To keep the cost down we have been running the trucks stock with step pin tires (they work the best on the 2WD trucks) and on the 4WD Late Models we run foams they hook up well but you can run HPI rally type tires on them also. The 4WD cars are very forgiving.

Duke. We tried to run foams on several 2WD's but they don't hook up on the clay.

·
Registered
127 Posts
dirt oval

who is this randy erb guy anyway . i will call tony stewart with his custom works cars and come whip his butt .lol.is this that oval that erb is always trying to get us to go there with are losi trucks and kline nitro sprints what about the big hpi baja5b 1/5 scale buggy do you guys run these there need to rip this thing up and my brushless mini T.AND LOSI ADAM DRAKE.WHATS UP RANDY.can you turn up the heat please and melt the snow :wave: :thumbsup: :wave:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Dirt oval

Hi Harry
Just six more weeks and the dirt will be flying. You need to ad a nitro tc-3 to your fleet. All is needed is a Mcallister body w/side dam, single speed conversion, set of foam tires, 26/50 gears and hang on. The track has a 225 ft drive line and we are getting around it in the high 5 second range sideways. As much as I love racing quarter scales, this is just as much fun.
You will have to come up and let you pilot one of these rockets. And we need more sprinters as well.
Talk to you later
Randy :wave: :dude:

·
Registered
127 Posts
yea i need to get one when i was looking at on roads to mess with i looked at the tc3 and the hpi nitro rs4-3evo this one had 2speed at the time tc3 rtr did not have 2speed but the new tc3plus rtr now have 2-speeds but i bought the hpi car i have a truck body on it this could work on your track but i would buy a tc3 and fix it up for your track only.what motors are you guys running in your cars 12s or 15s we heed to get mike thompson .greg bartman and myself to bring our klien sprinters and get some laps on them and break them in. ive just been working delivering those cold miller lites in this cold ass weather i havent messed with my 1/4 scales cars yet. i keep buying lightning cars i find on web i have 4 now all different years plus my sprint that i totally rebuilt powdercoated chassi candy blue put on all there updates mys well bought new sprint car it looks good but hope it goes too . larry cross has 2 pictures on his sight the car was not done but he put them on there at quarterscale motorsports.com in the gallery sect.i still have alot to do but its so cold out in the garage.i have been messing with my 1/5scale hpi buggy5b i have all the hop ups they make big bore 30.5cc ported and modified cy motors and g260rc ported motors with pipes i have like 4 different pipes were trying ported carbs with aluminum reed blocks i got a new losi 8 1/8 scalebuggy with RB modified OS v-spec 21. and i bought a micro t 1/32 SCALE when they came out these are fun for the house . i will talk to you later if any one has a car all done up already for your track they want to sell let me know its got to be in good shape like new. if not i will buy new one and do up one for the dirt track you got me going now.talk to ya later harry

·
Registered
211 Posts
Dirt Oval

Hi Curt
Last year we run every other week end, but I think we will have more events this year. The schedule is being worked on and should be completed in a couple weeks. Keep in touch!!!!!
Thank-you
Randy :thumbsup:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Dirt Oval

Hi Harry
There will be two classes of late model. One will be standard ntc-3 with ready to run .15 or any 3 port .12. The other class will be outlaw class where you can run a wider and longer wheel base car with any small block. Sprint cars will be any rtr .15 or any 3 port .12. We have bodies, tires, side dams, single speed conversions. If you want a car, give me a call at 231-834-7707 after 5 pm. Between Duke and I , we have about a dozen cars, so one of us can get rid of one. Give me a call some time this week cause this is way to much chicken plucking for me on this key board. Talk to you later
Randy

·
Registered
729 Posts
Why don't you guys run Elect.? You could allow brushless to run with the Nitro. Aso why don't you guys run the Modifieds or a open outlaw class where anything goes. I have the XXX-NT but wanted to make it more oval friendly, I was thinking about the oval shock towers, the slipper elimanator and the Factory Works Probe body but there would be no class for it. If you run Elect. you could cut the cost that way with a stock motor class, I can get elect. mods for cheep. I have been offered some on here for $150 and cannot find a nitro car under $300.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Dirt Oval

Hi
I would love to run electric. I have a fleet of electric dominators, intimidators, enforcers, trucks ect. Duke an I both have them. We run 4.5 in our dominators, and its a blast. We just need the electric guys to show, and we will run them. As for your xxxnt, if you want to convert it to a all out oval truck, bring it out, we won't turn anybody down to race. We just need more guys who want to run that class. The more exposure of that style truck is what we need. Most of the guys that run oval truck can just use their offroad truck and don't need two of them. Just come on out and have fun!!!!!.
That is what it is all about
Stay in touch!!!!!!!!
Thank-you
Randy :wave:

1 - 20 of 1963 Posts