Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a device or plans for building a DSC box that interfaces with a Futaba Rx that will allow me to perform servo control without a Radio (which is usually imponded at big races).

I searched the web and found software that uses a basic Stamp Circuit and PC Serial Port but I don't want to lug around a laptop. I was hoping for a box with a dial.

If anyone has some info they could pass along that would be great.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Most races impound radios, but in the case where you have a radio that has DSC, it is most likely a module-based system. You can take your radio, leave your module at the impound. If they don't allow you to do that, then they are...well, I leave that for a different forum. :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for all the replies.

With the help of an EE friend, we made one using a Basic Stamp chip and a prototype board. Work the ESC too. Still has a few kinks but hopefully in a few weeks I will have an enclosure and in a form we can use at the track.

Thanks for the 411 on the Hitech Servo Tester but that is more than I expect and probably more than I would would want to spend.

Thanks again for everyone's help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts