Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did this Diorama for some one up in Canada. It is of a actual dealer that survived 3 generations of being a Chrysler, Dodge, Fargo truck dealer. He got this as a remembrance to his dad and his Grandfather who started the business. He is a Mopar collector himself now and owns a very rare 68 383 Dodge Dart.
I constructed this diorama so that every thing was screwed and pinned together so that it could be broken down and moved from family functions and such. Most of it was constructed out of styrene plastic with some internal parts was where made form Mat board. All of the lettering on front of the building, was hand carved out of styrene plastic. This took quite a bit of time over a month period. How much time I had into it I can't remember. Please enjoy the pictures and if you have any questions on fabricating techniques please fill free to ask. I don't mind sharing Additional photos on following post

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are additional photos. The gas pump next to the tr-axle Hot wheels truck and GTO station wagon is the same on that is in the diorama, just closer up views

·
Registered
520 Posts
Very impressive dio! Especially cool that it went to the family that owned that very dealership - nice way to keep the memories of the old days alive! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Great Dio Man!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I see you had a little help from Steve with interior accessories. :dude:

That Convoy needs paint! great job on the axles.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey...I remember this dealership. Its on Prince Edward Island. I lived on the Island for 5 years as a kid. Beautiful in the summer but not much to do in the winter so I got into hobbies like model building and collecting diecast cars.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Correct

Hey...I remember this dealership. Its on Prince Edward Island. I lived on the Island for 5 years as a kid. Beautiful in the summer but not much to do in the winter so I got into hobbies like model building and collecting diecast cars.
This diorama did go to Prince Edward Island, I saw pictures of there and it appeared beautiful, But I was told that it gets very cold there.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Steve and Tri Axels

Great Dio Man!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I see you had a little help from Steve with interior accessories. :dude:

That Convoy needs paint! great job on the axles.
Yes Steve did help me out on some of the interior. I have known Steve for 12 years + and we didn't ever meet until 2 years ago, we decided to go to the Super convention together. We had a blast. We have been sharing designs off and on during the time we have known each other. You see, I lived in Alaska until 5 years ago I moved to Indiana to work for GL. Even though that didn't pan out after 2 years, I still only lived 160 miles form my diecast bud I never met, until went went to the 2010 Super convention show. We met for the first time when I was dropped off at his house to catch the plane. I love that story.
The Convoy tri-axle has a very interesting story behind it too
I met someone at the 2010 super convention that asked me to design, and make a mold that would allow some one to attach multiple axle rear ends to the HW convoy. (This is the same guy who is selling his custom diecast on eBay for 100.00ds to 1000.00nds of dollars that some of us tripping on attempting to sell at those prices couple of weeks ago) I agreed to do a trade out. If he painted my customs (Who in their right mind not want Alvarado painting their customs to market) I would design and make the mold, and make kits for him to use. Make a long story short. I held up my end, but he didn't so I started making and marketing the kits for myself to recover what I had into the designing. I still have the molds for this and may make some more in the near future.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts