Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the Dinky MG Record Car. It had been stripped and painted with a brush with a flat gray primer. The underside had a bit of the original paint left on it that I went by to match the color. The underside was left untouched.

Once again I was playing with my new toy the "Adobe."

The first pic I was tryng to match the color of the car to the color on my screen. Its pretty close.

The others I just tried to get "artsie."

From my understanding this car was commissioned by George Easton as the EX-135 and in 1935 broke the 120mph mile record. It broke the 200mph record in 1939 with Goldie Gardner at the wheel.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is the Dinky MG Record Car. It had been stripped and painted with a brush with a flat gray primer. The underside had a bit of the original paint left on it that I went by to match the color. The underside was left untouched.

Once again I was playing with my new toy the "Adobe."

The first pic I was tryng to match the color of the car to the color on my screen. Its pretty close.

The others I just tried to get "artsie."

From my understanding this car was commissioned by George Easton as the EX-135 and in 1935 broke the 120mph mile record. It broke the 200mph record in 1939 with Goldie Gardner at the wheel.
I am restoring a mg record car was the original paint matte or gloss.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The color was almost gone if I recall correctly so it's hard to say. But looking at the underside it didn't appear to be high gloss. I'd say if you want the restored to factory finish? Use an acrylic paint. If I recall I used a Krylon green. It is very close to the color and hue that was on it.

Wow.. Pulled this back out today.. Flashbacks. Forgot this project was before I could make decals. Because the Union Jack and the MG marque are paper. The lightning bolts were added on awhile later. Probably some of the first successful decals I made.

You were asking about the paint Dinky-Dave ? The green on the untouched underside looks, on further inspection, to be from a repaint.. The car's never been cracked open before though.

I'd like to see your progress on yours.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts