Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here I've restored a Dinky Blaw Knox heavy tractor back to it's former glory. Dinky produced this model from 1954 to 1959. The first photo shows the condition I found it in (along with some other yard sale finds that day).

[/quote]

·
Registered
158 Posts
Very nice work again. It is a great transformation. Makes me think instead of customizing new stuff the resurrection of an old left for dead piece has many more rewards.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Wow, very nice job!!!

I really like that Tonka catalog you found. Is that from 1971 or so?
I'd love to see inside. Does it have Tonka Totes?

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Wow... its new again! :thumbsup:
Where did you get the tracks?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The tracks are from a supplier in the UK made specificly for the Blaw Knox model. They carry a full range of parts for vintage Corgi and Dinky models. The driver is also a replacement from the same supplier.
I think you are pretty close on the year of the Tonka catalog 1970 or so I'd say. I also found an old Hot Wheels one from 1970 (last pic).

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Really nice work Junkman. Never knew anyone made any Blaw Knox heavy duty equipment. My grandpa Cooley retired as a master diesel mechanic at the near by BN plant over in Mattoon, Illinois. The plant was later shut down about 5 years or so ago. Thanks for the post and pics, it brought back a lot of good memories of my grandpa.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts