Hobbyist Forums banner

different type of chassis

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  SCJ 
#1 · (Edited)
hey slotrodders check out this chassis, ive never seen this type before have you? says nasta industries in the bottom . it,s kinda hokey but i can see some potential there. i,m gonna add some rear bushings to it and do some carving to the bumper looking ends and some type of braid set up and move the front wheel foward a bit. i,m real sure it,s gonna take some grinding to get it to go but i see potential there. i,m surprised none of you guys did,nt bid on it,i was the only one to bid on it. if you know about this thing please add what you know about this footballbat! i spect it runs on 12 volts cuz at 18 volts it really turns up the rpm,s prolly not gonna touch it till i stare at it a bit more and get a few ideas. thanx for checkin it out.

#2 ·
Hmmmm. very interesting. that's a new one on me. the pickup shoes remind me a little of Artin, but the rest obviously does not. wonder if anyone else has info...

this is HO scale, right? is the wheelbase close to anything in Tyco/AFX?

--rick

#6 ·
guess i,ll hit this soon

thanx rick sjj bill n mic for chimin in. i still havnt pulled out the motor but i think a mabucci can will fit nice n easy for a replacement . the only thing that made me bid on the "footballbat" was its simplicity.it is an ho scale size n fact its just a tic short of a short wheel base. i mean it could just end up being a waste of time but it has potential. cuz i,ve been playin with braids lately this 1 is a fine candidate after removeing the the stock shoes and makin up some type of braid set up. i kinda resembles what a plastic riggen would look like. i will post some ppics once i get going on it but first, there is a few others inline before i get to it. damn i still am workin on a pan afx that is very close to testing. thanx slotrodders for checkin out the "football bat"

#7 ·
Here is what I know....

Nasta is out of New York and appear to be more of an import company for small China made 5 & 10¢ type toys allthough they did do some early RC type cars in the late 70's and a Micro Machine rip off during the 1980's.

The best I can tell, they dropped a battery op set out in the 80's with kinda of cartoonish bodies....generic cars if I remember correctly.

--------------------------
www.SlotCarJohnnies.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.