Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a difference in armature shaft diameter from original T-Jet to AW/JL?? If so, does someone know the diameter measurements???

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks AL, but if they are the same, why do the tool makers for commutator
cleaners make different tools?? :confused: I thought the arm shaft for
AW/JL is too large of diameter to fit in an Aurora chassis??

·
Registered
592 Posts
The reason for the different arm tools is because of the step in the arm shaft (Auroroa) vs. the washer on the arm shaft (AW) being different sizes. The shaft itself is the same.

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
The difference as far as I know must only affect the function of the tool. I've put JL/AW arms in Aurora chassis and vice versa with no problems to date.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I put a blue tip drag arm in a auto world magna traction that didnt want to fit . I had to enlarge the hole in the chassis for the armature shaft and some other things to get it to work.

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
I can't say if arms will interchange between chassis types. I have installed a red devil into a T jet chassis once. I have put a 4 gear top plate/arm on an Aurora specialty chassis (and every other part for that matter) and she ran good, with good fitment of all the parts. The top plates between JL/AW and Aurora T Jets are not interchangeable. I'm not sure about the AFX/Magna/Xtraction top plates, as the few AFX I had came and went quickly. I have no means of tresting because I generally don't mess with anything but T Jets...

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good info, Thanks all!! :thumbsup: Shaft diameters are the same with
difference being step and top plates are not interchangeable. :)

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
Except for the 4 gear/specialty chassis. That swapped like a perfect match. The Magna/AFX/Xtraction might work together as it appears they shared the same design. The locating tabs are off on the T jets, as well as a different sized pinion shaft. Those differences make an easy swap impossible. The gears are the same diameter, the idlers are interchangeable, but the pinion shafts are thicker in an Aurora version.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
More good info Slotman, top plates differ for locking tabs and the pinion shafts.
I've been enjoying pancake racing with AW/JL T-Jets but have not acquired
the 4 gear or X-Tracs.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
The top plate of an X-Traction will not just slide into an Aurora chassis. I have a bunch of XT top plate assemblies which I was hoping would just drop into some bare Aurora AFX chassis, but it is not to be.

Joe

1 - 17 of 17 Posts