Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a quick question about different cars. If i have a Tomy/AFX track i will be able to run Life like, AFX and Xtraction Auto World right?

Or will there be a huge difference in the running off all these? Just wondering so when i run different cars i'll know what might go slower or faster than the other. Thanks in advance Earle

·
Registered
685 Posts
All of these cars will be able to use the same track.

The slower cars , T-Jets and early A/FX non magnatractions, will be the slower but also the trickiest to drive. Not that that's a bad thing, the cahllenge is what we live for isn't it ?

The A/FX Super G+ , Tyco and Life Like etc are magnet cars and are faster but handle as to the magnets. The higher end cars such as Wizzard etc should be run on tracks that can assure the retention of the rails. Their tracion magnets are way strong.

Give each a chance. They all have strong and weak points in the area of enjoyment.

Gonzo

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
Different cars call for different ohm controllers and I think run at slightly different voltages. Depending on what you have for a controller will make a difference in how well each brand of car performs. Cars like Tjets need a 90 0hm version, while AFX cars are more suited to a 60 ohm. I don't know what lifelike uses, but with the lower ohm controller, a Tjet (especially the newer JL/AW ones) will act more like you're throwing an on/off switch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts