Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Diff Question For 12L3

I am having an issue with my 12L3 diff. It loosens up after about 10-15 laps around the track. Not sure what the issue is. I have the standard diff set up per the directions. It has not been upgraded to the large rings. I just rebuilt the diff and have had this issue ever since then. I put in new diff balls and bearings. I also replaced the adjustment nut. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I may have over looked??

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
hub

Check and make sure the diff nut is not touching the inside of the HUB, you need to be able to remove the wheel easily with out the HUB touching the nut.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Are you using a nylon diff nut?If you are,find a aluminum locknut.That should do the trick.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input guys, It is fixed. When I first put the diff back together I used my old set of tires. After practicing I put on a set of RC 4less tires. After 98Ron's suggesting I remembered that the new tires did go on tight. After I got home, I went and took it back apart. The new tires were extremely tight. I put on a set of CRC tires and they just slipped right on. Thanks for the input everyone. Now I am ready for the Billy Leader race tomorrow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts