Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I hear there is a bounty on a JL Camaro for the Vegas convention.... I will not be racing in any of the stock classes due to running the races but my girl will be there with her JL Camaro. She has been cleaning up with this thing at a bunch of larger races around Texas and she is ready to throw down with you guys. She took the top honors at Hotlanta and is just itching for some more trophies, lol.

So what is this wicked little Camaro you have? Her's is a Black with Flames '69

We are running an all JL class just for you guys so I hope you bring the heat to Vegas!

There will be TONS of HotWheels there but it only takes one car to steal the show! You think JL has what it takes to be the fastest?

Jason
Co-Founder Texas Diecast Racing Association

·
Registered
335 Posts
Variation Jason, We have a Challenge to Beat Greg wrights 69 BWF Camaro this car has been on top since 2007 with our club. We have thrown just about everything at this car and it just keeps winning month after month. It has to be a Johnny lightning to compete I raised the challenge cash prize from 50.00 dollars to 75.00 best of three at our club on our track which is 25ft. I have spoken with CJ from diecast space I think he wants to promote this car in Vegas in February to race. Jeremy President of the Lincoln johnny lightning race club

·
Registered
335 Posts
Variationjason, I like the fact that your club is running a JL class if anybody from your club wants to compete against gregs BWF Camaro let me know. We get johnnys sent in alot from different states to challenge. the fastest time for gregs camaro last month was 2.226 nobody came within that time so we didnt have a challenge. Our next meet is this sat. september 12th the next meet after that is October 10th. Let me know Thanks Jeremy

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Variation Jason, We have a Challenge to Beat Greg wrights 69 BWF Camaro this car has been on top since 2007 with our club. We have thrown just about everything at this car and it just keeps winning month after month. It has to be a Johnny lightning to compete I raised the challenge cash prize from 50.00 dollars to 75.00 best of three at our club on our track which is 25ft. I have spoken with CJ from diecast space I think he wants to promote this car in Vegas in February to race. Jeremy President of the Lincoln johnny lightning race club
He definitely does want to promote it. I was talking to him last night when we were discussing the racing and he told me he wanted to add a class just for this challenge. Looks like Greg and my girl Jeanette will have a BWF camaro shootout in Vegas, lol.

This Camaro are very impressive. It has dominated on all types of tracks and even took out some noodleheads at Hotlanta. It's been on the top here since the beginning of '08. I'm amazed it has stayed so fast, most of my HotWheels will taper off and slow down after awhile.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Variationjason, I like the fact that your club is running a JL class if anybody from your club wants to compete against gregs BWF Camaro let me know. We get johnnys sent in alot from different states to challenge. the fastest time for gregs camaro last month was 2.226 nobody came within that time so we didnt have a challenge. Our next meet is this sat. september 12th the next meet after that is October 10th. Let me know Thanks Jeremy

That sounds great. I'm afraid to mail Jeanette's camaro anywhere (LOL) but I'll dig up something to send to you guys for next month. Whats the shipping address and what are your class rules?

Jason

·
Registered
335 Posts
Variationjason, our rules are simple no oiling of wheels, no graphite, no foreign substances. We only race johnny lightnings three classes Stock any johnny lightning casting, Real Wheels any johnny with rubber tires, And Funny car any johnny lightning flopper. The mailing address is 7 Vista dr. Lincoln R.I. 02865 attn. to Jeremy Morin. Send some fast johnnys to compete at our october meet I have a few that were sent in for this month to challenge. I will keep you posted on our racing and the challenge.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds good. I like that the classes are straight forward.

I have a couple of cars in mind and I'll send them to you next month. Jeanette's Camaro has never had any type of lube put on it she she is good to run with you guys.

Our normal monthly race is next weekend (19th) and we run a stock class that is open to any casting and any brand. I am still amazed at what wins sometimes, lol. If you guys are interested in sending something down then we can make a club challenge out of it.

That actually sounds like fun. I'll get some guys to bring their johnnys to the culb and we'll have a shootout. you guys can send your cars down and we'll run the first leg of the race on our track and then I'll send them all to you and you guys can run the second leg on your track. We can have the North VS South Shootout. LOL :thumbsup:

Jason

·
Registered
335 Posts
Jason, let me run that by some of the guys this sat. at our meet. I think its a good idea the only thing is the challenge is set up for our track only. Let me get back to you in the meantime if you guys have some fast johnnys to challenge gregs camaro send them up for our october meet which is the 10th. I will post the time on gregs camaro after our next meet unless it gets beat. Thanks Jeremy LJLRC

·
Banned
106 Posts
The challenge has been issued

A $500 bounty has been put up for anyone who can beat the Lincoln JL Race Club's Camaro. The casting must be a Johnny Lightning casting.

The race will take place at the 2010 Diecast Super Convention in Las Vegas

If you think you can beat it, purchase your tickets to attend over at
Bragging rights, Cash and a cool trophy will be given to the winner

any questions, email [email protected]

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi to all!!! My name is Greg and I'm the VP of the Lincoln Johnny Lightning Race Club. It is my camaro that U R all gunning for. It will make it's way to LV and will race all that come close 2 it's times. All vehicles must be stock JL castings no extra help :) Thanks 2 all who make this hobby interesting and fun!!! Visit your local club and meet some new friends!! Oh and lets RACE!!!!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Jason! I'm the VP of LJLRC and the owner of the camaro. I don't need 2 post a pic seeing it is the same car!!!!! I now own 2 and the second is a little slower but still good enough 2 win this month. Does your club have a timing system and what are the dimensions of your track???? Like any good racer just trying 2 do some homework before I send some cars 2 challenge!!!!!

Thanks and this is what the hobby is about!!!!!!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Jason! I'm the VP of LJLRC and the owner of the camaro. I don't need 2 post a pic seeing it is the same car!!!!! I now own 2 and the second is a little slower but still good enough 2 win this month. Does your club have a timing system and what are the dimensions of your track???? Like any good racer just trying 2 do some homework before I send some cars 2 challenge!!!!!

Thanks and this is what the hobby is about!!!!!!

WE dont have a timing system but should be upgrading to one early next year. Maybe once the Vegas convention is over.

The track is 42' in it's current configuration. There is 24' of downhill and 18' of level runout. The starting gate is right at 6' high (it's an 11* slope). We use a continuous roll of regular orange track. I'll try to find the pics of the track.

Homework is good... I already looked up the specs on yours, lol.

I also picked up a second Camaro, but haven't pulled it from the blister yet, just waiting for a rainy day i guess.

It's good to meet you guys and I'll be sending some cars your way soon.

If you guys want to discuss this inter-club challenge I'll send you my contact info.

Jason

1 - 19 of 19 Posts