Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Oxidation Genius
31,219 Posts
When I was a kid, say about 1963, I had an orange plastic Supercar. It was motorized, and you inserted variously-shaped cams into it to make it drive around in different patterns.

Anybody else?

·
Registered
490 Posts
John P said:
When I was a kid, say about 1963, I had an orange plastic Supercar. It was motorized, and you inserted variously-shaped cams into it to make it drive around in different patterns.

Anybody else?
I had that Supercar when I was a kid. I begged and begged my folks for it for Christmas and being a kid I found it stashed away in the closet waiting for December 25th. Great toy! I think, if I remember right it was produced by Remco. I remember the box it came in. Supercar setting on the cardboard base with a large clear dome housing it. Wish I still had it along with my Fireball XL5.

Rogue

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
RogueJ said:
if I remember right it was produced by Remco.

Rogue
Yeah, I'm almost sure it was produced by Remco. One of my sisters got that for me for Christmas. Ranks up there with the Space city playset as one of my favorite toys. Looking forward to Product Enterprise's diecast versions of Supercar and Fireball XL5.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I had one of those two and was very sad the day it broke apart after one too many crash landings. Saw it again maybe about 10 years ago at a toy show. If I had had the $500 they wanted, I would have bought it on the spot.

Memories.....memories...

Michael

·
Oxidation Genius
31,219 Posts
A Taylor said:
The new diecast is very accurate to the show, but nothing beats the nostalgia of a toy you had as a kid, even if it was pretty crappy looking in reality.
You take that back! :cry:

(as if I remember anything more than "it was orange" :lol: )

I'll be ordering one of them puppies as soon as the Master Card bill cycles thriugh for the month.

·
Registered
865 Posts
After a successful site visit last week I should be starting a new job early next month. Soon as the money starts flowing definitely gotta get an Interceptor, Skydiver, and Fireball. :)

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
A Taylor said:
Cool, guys.
John, it was definitely orange and all one color of orange at that.
As crappy as it was, I'd still love to have one!
Ah! Don't forget about the lovely gold on the front section where the White panels should be and I believe on the rear deck.
One has to wonder why Remco chose those colors.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Oh man, I had that Remco Supercar too! I went ahead and painted it as best I could except around the 'Supercar' decals on the side. Man, that ship flew and crashed and sunk and took all sorts of abuse.

Had my 8 yo godson Dylan watch some of the DVD's with me and his dad, who also was a big fan of the show. Now Dylan loves the show too. He wants to grow up to be a Dr. Beeker now and build his own Supercar!

Michael

·
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
woof359 said:
any in person pictures yet ANthony? you got my intrest, been watching the site and waiting.
Doh! Sorry for the late reply, I didn't see this until MJB posted.
I don't have any up on the site yet, but there should be soon - we're carrying some new display cases and these diecasts will be in the photos.
Btw, they just kick butt. Very nice looking, and the Fireball Jr. attaches to XL5 with a really strong magnet, so you won't have much wear and tear in removing and replacing it. Supercar is awesome too, fully detailed interior with Mike Mercury at the wheel.
We've sold an enormous amount of both of these and our supply is dwindling, so if you want them for the holidays, order quick!
AT
http://fabgearusa.com

·
Registered
865 Posts
Just received my Fireball and Skydiver yesterday. Not much time to really play with them, er I mean check them out, as I was getting ready for work. On once over they are both amazing, Marg thought the same. The gripes I've read about excessive weathering are crap, they look awesome. Fireball's a lot bigger than I'd envisioned, both are model quality pieces. And of course these are subjects that are out of this world. I got mine from Fabgear, will definitely shop there again, fast receipt of the models (I can't really think of them as toys), great packing, both arrived in absolutely perfect condition, great shipping and handling rates. Of course now I've seen the Product Enterprises diecasts.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Just ordered the 1999 Eagle, and the Charawheels SPV. Most of my diecasts are hotwheels sized, and the Ban Dai Charawheels are frickin awesome!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts