Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
33,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the great things about doing research is finding little tid bits of information that help make more sense out of the rest of the world. This week as I am sorting thru diecast brand maker history, I have run across 4 companies aleady that make 'party favors' as their business interest - and I have only done the A and B names. Some made cars, others military or farm equipment. So this got me to thinking - can you still find these? And one of them is still on an un punched card! :cheers2:

Sure enough at Walmart; on Monday, I found these two packages of diecast in the party supply aisle. Both cost less than $2.00 each.

Diecast Uploads by Milton Fox, on Flickr

Diecast Uploads by Milton Fox, on Flickr

I know many feel they are throw away toys and not really collectible, but if you follow my accumulations thread - qwerky and unusual are part of my attraction to diecast collecting! :grin2:

·
Administrator
33,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
IIRC there are 3 mixes of the Racing Cars packages. If your interest is picqued show us what you find in your collecting area.....

:lurk5:

·
Administrator
33,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have had this one in my accumulations since 2014. It is setting on top of a quarter and doesnt have the friction pull back motor like those above, but is labeled on the base as a Greenbrier product.

Greenbrier by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
33,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As I was walking thru the Valentines section at Walmart last week, when I saw this 1 single 6 pack bag of SUV/Jeep looking vehicles on the shelf. This time they are only labeled for way to celebrate as distributed (made for (?) Walmart. And specially packaged for Valentine's Day. There are 3 different models included 3 'Jeep' looking trucks, 2 SUVs and a 'VW' looking SUV. The clear colors are nice and attractive, but the pull back mechanism in each were disappointing. Each required many pull backs and were sketchy.to even be able to get moving and 1/2 or more of the pull back effort was not enough to even move them. (When you picked them up - they un-spun themselves!) At least the wheel sets are nice enough to be salvageable from each. All of them have the same looking 'Jeep' grill as part of the bottom piece design and coding information. The base plate code is WM11881230 1020

2021 celebrate Valentine's Day Pull Back Racers 6 pack
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

by Milton Fox, on Flickr

by Milton Fox, on Flickr

by Milton Fox, on Flickr
2021 celebrate Valentine's Day Pull Back Racers 6 pack by Milton Fox, on Flickr

by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I'm not being able to find my pics of the two Way to Celebrate Racing Cars packs... do you remember what the thread we had going on those was called?

In the mean time, here's something else. Around 2000 or so my parents threw me a Hot Wheels-themed birthday party and got a bunch of cheap Summer cars to hand out as party favors. I don't know if they were specifically marketed as being for party favors, but that's how they were used. The only car I still have that I know for sure came from that batch is this metalflake gold Jaguar E-Type.

I sure wish I had all the cars that we gave out now, haha.

·
Administrator
33,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought it was celebrate or way to celebrate as well, but havent been able to track them down either. Could they be within our respective collections threads?

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I did find a post in my collection thread from when I bought them, but just in a group photo of everything I bought that day. It doesn't show the celebrate packs very clearly, unfortunately. I haven't looked in yours, though. That could be where we discussed them. I really thought there was a dedicated thread though. Strange that it seems to have disappeared into the Ether. 🤔

·
Administrator
33,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I remember posting photos into the pancakes photo thread and the photo in this thread reminds me that one of those was marked as Ja Ru on the base plate. I think they have their own brand section now and I have been moving brand related threads from page 2 and 3 from this section to those for the past year or so.

You can search for your own posts or look in the replies in your profile page for the date you found in your collection thread already - they should be close to those posts by date order. 🤙

·
Administrator
33,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks! I found the same thread and I am supposed to have drilled mine apart and looked for data references inside them. I still know where they are, but havent don that as of yet!

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Oh yeah. I drilled out a couple of mine and there wasn't anything interesting in there, unfortunately. I did discover that the bases on some of them are the same either backwards or frontwards, lol. That explains the reversed bases I mentioned in this post.

·
Administrator
33,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had found these party favors from way to celebrate back in the late summer of 2019. The pull back mechanism on these loads smoothly and is quite powerful and fast when released! The base of these are marked as made in China and carry a code of WMKT358064 0118 which matches up with the product code on the back of the packaging.

·
Administrator
33,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The body easily pulls up off the mounting posts. And the pull back motor can be released by hand form its retaining tab. Their motors have the lettering of "3-02" on one side only. There are no other discernable letters or #s inside the body or the base plate. The wheels are tightly pressed on for safety and very hard to even move.

20210226 Diecast Uploads
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

20210226 Diecast Uploads
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

1 - 13 of 13 Posts