Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I were thinking about going to Seoul South Korea this September. What diecast do they sell over there? Tomica, or do they have their own brand of 1:64? :wave:

·
Registered
40 Posts
i was there in august...i never saw any diecast. i would assume however, that tomica is predominate there. good luck! let us know waht you find!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dangjalopy said:
i was there in august...i never saw any diecast. i would assume however, that tomica is predominate there. good luck! let us know waht you find!
You didn't see any :D ! That doesn't sound good. Did you see anything like a toys-r-us while you were there? I know Japan, Hong Kong, and a couple other asian countries have Toys-R-Us, but I don't believe Seoul does; I'm hoping they have something like it though. Anyone know for sure? :wave:

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
South Korea is not a great place to buy diecast. If you change planes at Narita in Tokyo you can buy more quality diecast in the airport shops there than you can in South Korea. Perhaps in a big city like Seoul you may find some specialty toy stores, but most toy cars sold around Korea are cheap knock-offs. Big department stores MIGHT sell Tomica. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts