Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm going to Hawaii over spring break for a holiday. Does anyone know if they have any good diecast stores in Honolulu? Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
If you spend any time in Honolulu looking for cars I will hunt you down and slap you silly! :wave:

Just kidding. I'm sure the hotel would have a phone book if you REALLY want to hunt cars. That's of course if our vast Hawaii contingency doesn't give you the good tips. I think there are one or two members from HI here. (one is ID: JLHI) see if you can figure out what JLHI means! :wave:

·
Registered
896 Posts
Hmmm...I was in Honolulu for a quick trip (weekend) in December and didn't go diecast hunting (had a neat Mustang conv. rental though)...

I'll be back there for a week the first week of April, so maybe I'll have time to look around..though I plan to mostly stay on the beach.

G

·
There is (or was, last spring) a K-B Toys in the Ala Moana Shopping Center (Waikiki Beach) that has a nice selection. I picked up tons of stuff while passing through Honolulu on vacation. Didn't have a car so couldn't cruise for any hobby shops.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do plan on spending most of my time on the beach or by the poolside with a beer but at least one day it will rain and I'll probably go shopping/collecting. Does K-B carry new stock or older stock?

·
Registered
896 Posts
1A62 said:
There is (or was, last spring) a K-B Toys in the Ala Moana Shopping Center (Waikiki Beach) that has a nice selection. I picked up tons of stuff while passing through Honolulu on vacation. Didn't have a car so couldn't cruise for any hobby shops.
Cool...will have to check it out...my hotel is in Waikiki, so I plan to be on the beach or at the pool most of the week.. should be relaxing...I need some sun 'n' surf after all the snow and cold this winter.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
NorthernMuscle said:
I do plan on spending most of my time on the beach or by the poolside with a beer but at least every day it will rain and I'll probably go shopping/collecting. Does K-B carry new stock or older stock?
Fixed.

(My experience in Hawaii is that rain can be expected pretty much any/every day for a short period in the later afternoon.)

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
NorthernMuscle said:
I do plan on spending most of my time on the beach or by the poolside with a beer but at least one day it will rain and I'll probably go shopping/collecting. Does K-B carry new stock or older stock?
If you were going to Hilo on the big island I'd say you'd have time to hunt cars in the rain, they get more rain annually than Seattle. (I'm not a walking weather encyclopedia, just heard it on the weather channel) Realistically there aren't many outlets to hunt at though.

Go to the major retailer's websites and use the store locator to search Hawaii and see what you get. I'd still say leave the hunting to the locals and find other things to do, but that's just me. :wave:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.