Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently selling my Nascar collection.Anybody have any sources on appraisors or collectors? Any information would be greatly appreciated,Thnks

·
Registered
73 Posts
Depending on what you have, gomotorbids.com might buy your collection only if they are mostly 1/24 scale. If you try sites like this or eBay, you're probably better off to sell them individually or in groups.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the insight blazer.I never thought I`d be selling off my collection so I`ve never even tried to price anything out.It`s a shame lawyers are so dang expensive!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Its just hard to sell an entire collection at once, most people don't have the money or don't need the entire collection. I wish you the best of luck with your collection.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Prices were way down on 1:64 scale cars at Speed Week in the Daytona Flea Market. Dealers/Sellers were still asking a mint on the 1:18 scale cars though. I did pick up some bargains on the smaller cars.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
i've had luck selling stuff local at a better price. there are many free ways to advertise if you check around. we can in the newspaper here place adds for $100 dollars or less free. and a t.v. station has a free classifieds website with almost 20,000 members. and i've sold things to people from texas to new york to oregon off this little website here, and gotten really good prices. also we still have a party line on a radio station for selling items and sold alot on there. some stuff 2 or 3 times what i paid. that lets me throw away other things i can't sell.
i would try advertising locally before selling on line. really advertise hard in as many places as possible.
as was said above, selling it all to one person is impossible without taking a huge loss. i've just done it a piece at a time mainly, and have been able to just throw away alot of other stuff from the profit i've made locally..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts