Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Crazed Painter
7,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am inviting any Die-Casters from the HT boards to come here and post up their Custom Die-Cast pics on this thread. Was just over there and saw alot of stuff that is Very Kewl ( very :cool: )

Now all of us slot car guys use die-cast parts and pieces also so, feel free to post up pics here also. This might just end up giving both sides a larger parts and pieces awareness.

Hilltop has crossed the lines as many other have also on both sides from time to time. Hopefully this thread will open up our simular ho car and truck interest to form a melting pot of sorts.

This die-cast thread realy got my attention... http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=260474

Bob...hope this ends up to be a fun thread...zilla

·
Crazed Painter
7,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
This is going to be a fun slot car via HW someday...

For example:

This is going to get done up both short and long version by casting the body up in resin. I love this HotWheels Jeep. There is just so many possibilities for this one.

This is a HW Camaro body casted up by Hellonwheels in Resin and stole the HW window to finish it off.

This Deora was purchased off of E-Pay and have to do a little more work to it before it sees paint. Nos tanks will be replacing surfboards in this build along with the Engine ( stollen from a Maisto die-cast).

Video Jimmy should have lots to share on this thread hopefully to get the ball rolling.

Bob...cars are cars are cars are cars...zilla

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Scratch Built Tow Truck

Here's my latest custom. Pictures from start to finish.

Started with a HWs LaTroca cab and a tow boom. Everything from the cab back is scratch built from sheet aluminium and styrene.

Here we go.

·
Crazed Painter
7,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What a pile (of cars) ...

Got the link over there... I am curious if anyone would have some body's that arnt made in diecast...
Check the Custom slot car thread and you will see a bunch...

Camarors,

Now that is what I am talking about. Tow Truck how to build up....Sweet!
It looks Fantastic in that nice coat of Orange! (some modeling skills required :freak:) Trucktabulous...oh yeah! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Bob...yes you Randy ( Whooooah )...zilla

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
This is a great idea Zilla! I have been over and chatted with the diecast guys. Those guys do some hot builds. Camarors the Tow truck looks great. We can all learn something off each other. At the end of the day we are all working in roughly the same scale.

·
Slotcar Fanatic
13,013 Posts
What we need is for the diecast manufs to start making the bodies in plastic :)

I've made that suggestion over on their forum. I've also suggested Cadillac Pat to do some custom slots, he makes some kick a** diecast customs. But as we all know, time,time time. :rolleyes: rr

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
cool. i'll see what i can post up in a couple days. right now i drafted out that observation tower someone posted up from e pay for 300 bucks. i redrafted a few changes to fit my drag track. one was so the cars go underneath the tower and into the burn out box. right now it's drying.

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
I'm a frequent visitor to die cast, and constantly amazed at the work them guys do!! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Love that wrecker camarors!!! That is just one of many highly detailed jobs that I've seen over yonder. You slot guys who don't check out their stuff are missing a lot. Some of their work is so intricate, you'd have to see it to believe it. Ignition keys, spark plug wires, There's a GTO being done by someone and he actually built the frame..and the motor!!! There's a few guys working on campers fabricated from styrene, along with gunn's grand stands. All top notch work!!! I'm amazed at the opening doors, trunks and hoods, and then all the work filling the engine compartment. Keep posting die casters!!! Don't be shy!!! :thumbsup:

·
Crazed Painter
7,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Things that go BOOM...

Would they still call them diecasts?

Here's a diecast mod I did for my track.
It's a cheap truck that came in a set from the Dollar store.
Bomb Squad turned ESPN.

Rich
www.myspace.com/northtexasslotcars
Hey Rich,

Love the ESPN truck idea.
Have a few of those trucks also & have plans to make a BOMB SQUAD truck using a cab from a JL Dodge pickup cab for the front.
Or an AFX Dodge van front or a diecast truck front made into resin?
I even picked up some Bomb Images in fingernail decals from pay bay.

You only get to blow up once in life.

Bob...boom, boom...zilla

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
here's the tower grandstand combo im doing. measures 8'' long x 6'' wide x 6'' tall.

cars go from staging area line up out back.under the tower to the burn out box to the tree.
hopefully it will be done by this weekend.:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts