Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you could tell what casting a series came from based on the rim type or wheel type. Did you like it better when each series used the same combo on every casting no matter what? Wacky Winners along with Frightnin' Lightnings could be known by the casting color and rim type. It was very easy to tell which car went with each series because any other rim would stick out like a sore thumb when placed in the wrong set.

I know Al made an effeort to keep that original concept going but now, you can see just about any combo possible. I know I no longer can tell any car from any series without a guide or at least clear info on a blister card.

Does anybody miss those days? :)

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I'm not a fan one way or the other on chassis numbering but perhaps a simple letter and number system on the chassis could at least let you know the difference between Classic Gold 2 from Classic Gold 7. CGII vs. CGVII stamped on the bottom perhaps. It could cause problems on repacks but it would stay away from numbering and help the collector out.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Hi Mark, I like the idea, but as with numbering I am sure it wouldn't come to fruition at this time.
I am in favor of the constant change, I like it. Granted you have to wonder how some of those wheels made it onto the final casting, but, for the most part they all look really good.
I'm just at a loss for the rubber tires and what not. Do all of the castings with 10% get rubbers in a series or do they pick and choose what cars in a casting will have rubber?
I am of couorse speaking of Mopar/Firebirds. All 6 cars in the series gonna have rubber or just three of the cars?
Anyway, I don't want to Hi-Jack the thread with tire talk.

Lastly, Mark, Great article on the Batmobile in this months Model Cars!!!
Chris

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the compliment.

Jeff's pictures were much better than they turned out in print. I thought they were too dark. I don't know why that happens but Jeffs pictures were very good to start with. They also left out half the pictures so I was a little bummed. The kits are great and I had fun doing them. One of the captions is obviously wrong too. They have a pic of the 50's car front end with a caption that goes with the dash. Oh well!
:wave:

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
As far as I know, all 6 in the series have a 10% rubber tire version. Check out Rick's at http://www.lightninglane.com/ towards the bottom of the list You'll see rubber tire guide! Let's all send him pics of any rubber tire car that is a small % of the total ie, Marvel, rebel rods, or, others.

As for the wheels, as a Mopar fan, those rally rims work with anything. I prefer original over crager or other aftermarket wheels. More realistic. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
MARKHOS said:
Thanks for the compliment.

Jeff's pictures were much better than they turned out in print. I thought they were too dark. I don't know why that happens but Jeffs pictures were very good to start with. They also left out half the pictures so I was a little bummed. The kits are great and I had fun doing them. One of the captions is obviously wrong too. They have a pic of the 50's car front end with a caption that goes with the dash. Oh well!
:wave:

Mark,
Not to depart from the original topic here, but I just wanted to tell you that I saw tha article this past weekend and I too thought that it was very well done.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Chevreader said:
Bring back the 10% real wheels
I agree, it adds a new level of chase car, I love the first 3 Mopar or no car releases for this reason.
Plus, finding a real wheel WL , that's 10% of 10% of the total cars, that's 1%... you'd definitely be doing the happy dance after finding that.

To answer your question mark, I don't like it when one release or series uses the same wheel/tire combo, unless its like a limited multiple car pack or something. Also, I keep all my cars in the package, so differentiating cars is no problem. :p
AC65

·
Banned
852 Posts
I like this Idea mark.

Mark Hosaflook said:
I'm not a fan one way or the other on chassis numbering but perhaps a simple letter and number system on the chassis could at least let you know the difference between Classic Gold 2 from Classic Gold 7. CGII vs. CGVII stamped on the bottom perhaps. It could cause problems on repacks but it would stay away from numbering and help the collector out.
This a great Idea.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts